Hooray for the big brown truck of happiness! Chrono goodness

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

A large box containing chronographical goodness appeared at my house today. I can finally check to see how close I'm getting to the loading manuals. I'm not expecting anything perfect (I read "Why Ballisticians Get Gray" after all) but I'll be able to see how close I can get. The instructions seem easy enough. I also have plenty of .22LR for getting used to the system.
Last edited by SoupOrMan on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I got the Chrony Gamma Master and the Printer. I was torn between it and the PACT. I also picked up the LED light fixtures for indoor shooting, since I'll be checking pistol loads for the time being. Prices seemed about the same, all told.

And for whatever reason, I could've sworn I put all that information in the first post. I must be more tired than I thought.

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
SoupOrMan

Re: Hooray for the big brown truck of happiness! Chrono goodness

Post by SoupOrMan »

I didn't get a great bargain, but I did manage to get the Gamma Master and Printer together for $175. The LED light fixture was probably the most expensive accessory. With a car jumpstart pack and cigarette lighter adapter, I can run the LEDs for a while. I just have to remember to put everything into a chronograph-only bag.

I can finally see whether or not my handloads are making major power factor or not. If not, it's time to bump up the powder a little.

FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

I need a new one. Shot mine this morning. [Don't ask why there are 6 holes in it .... just don't fucking ask, OK?]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Nice group... 8-)
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Ben Rumson

Post by Ben Rumson »

:lol:
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

*doesn't show that picture to his new chronograph*

Ben Rumson

Post by Ben Rumson »

FelixEstrella wrote:I need a new one. Shot mine this morning. [Don't ask why there are 6 holes in it .... just don't fucking ask, OK?]
At some point in time, the truth must be known. It's for the children.
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Ben Rumson wrote:
FelixEstrella wrote:I need a new one. Shot mine this morning. [Don't ask why there are 6 holes in it .... just don't fucking ask, OK?]
At some point in time, the truth must be known. It's for the children.
The children can't handle the truth; it will wrap their young fragile minds.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig