The GOP Simply Wants To Abolish Public Education

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Jericho941

The GOP Simply Wants To Abolish Public Education

Post by Jericho941 »

Whether it's the fight against integration or the CRT and don't say gay stuff, it's always framed as a way to protect the fragile minds of America's children... the phrase here meaning America's white, Christian children. They believe kids need to be protected from learning American history, or world history, or anything that might threaten their world view. The same way they believe that kids need to be protected from anything that might threaten their ability to remain a blank goldfish.
There are more laws against trans studens in sports than there are trans students in sports.
blackeagle603

Re: The GOP Simply Wants To Abolish Public Education

Post by blackeagle603 »

"...simply wants to abolish Government Indoctrination Centers."

There, fixed it for you.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Jered

Post by Jered »

Whether it's the fight against integration
Spoken like an authentic Biden voter.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Jered wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:32 am
Whether it's the fight against integration
Spoken like an authentic Biden voter.
Really bizarrely counterfactual, I must say. It's not deplorables pushing for resegregation.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Precision

Post by Precision »

too much stupid to unpack there.

This deplorable simply wants education funds to be portable. Giving the parent the option to take the money to any accredited school in the area. Good public schools with thrive, bad ones will die. Same with all other schools.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Jered

Post by Jered »

Precision wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:42 pm too much stupid to unpack there.

This deplorable simply wants education funds to be portable. Giving the parent the option to take the money to any accredited school in the area. Good public schools with thrive, bad ones will die. Same with all other schools.
"Single payer education."
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Portable Deplorable Dollars. :) Spot on.
"...to any accredited school in the area"
Minor (little L) libertarian point of order:
Accredited by whom?

As a parent I AM the accrediting agency. Don't need not stinking government to accredit my kids education -- any more than I need a government approved license to carry. My kids can compete for job or spot in a higher institution of learning. That's all the accreditation needed.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
randy

Post by randy »

blackeagle603 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:26 am Minor (little L) libertarian point of order:
Accredited by whom?

As a parent I AM the accrediting agency. Don't need not stinking government to accredit my kids education -- any more than I need a government approved license to carry. My kids can compete for job or spot in a higher institution of learning. That's all the accreditation needed.
I could see a niche for independent organizations (such as UL, or what BBB and Consumer Reports purport to be) to rate schools on criteria such as:

Do they actually teach the criteria they advertise

Student performance on standardized tests

Historical graduate job placement and entry salary range

Average amount of debt on graduation. Maybe a ratio of debt/average starting salaries or expected debt pay time off for average graduate careers.

Issues such as police response to campus, financial stability of school and administration, etc.

You pick the criteria that matter to you and select an organization (or organizations) that credibly tracks them. Or not. No .gov involvement needed.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Precision

Post by Precision »

blackeagle603 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:26 am Portable Deplorable Dollars. :) Spot on.
"...to any accredited school in the area"
Minor (little L) libertarian point of order:
Accredited by whom?

In theory, I strongly agree.

However, I live in the world that is. Politicians are NOT going to allow the money to go to any 3 toothed bubba that claims to be a school. Nor should they. These things typically need to go in stages. And I do like the idea of alternative accrediting agencies, but the process needs to begin for that to happen. And yes the parents should be the ultimate decider, and over time would be.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Termite

Post by Termite »

I've noticed that after Jericho posts these things(sometimes missing links), he usually doesn't come back to debate/defend them.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."