Sioux Hanging Around

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

Sioux Hanging Around

Post by Vonz90 »

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/ ... isited.php

Putting this here, because ultimately it has more to do with modern politics than history.
Precision

Re: Sioux Hanging Around

Post by Precision »

that sounded like a fair and balanced cliff notes. Everyone was at least a little scummy. Most of those 38 we really scummy.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Jered

Post by Jered »

Frankly, I can't blame the Indians at all for killing Indian agents because of the poor moral character of the Indian Agents.

The industrial culture forced out the hunter-gatherer culture which is a trend in history.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

The Indian Agents were of very uneven capabilities and honesty, with an ethical one being the rare exception.
I just finished reading Killer of the Flower Moon, about a group of murders that took place in the early twenties on the Osage land in Oklahoma. The Osage discovered they had oil under their land, so they lease well head rights to oil companies and made a lot of money all of a sudden. Virtually all the whites in the various boom towns were cheating the Indians any way they could. Some were not satisfied with merely cheating them and shot and poisoned them. The Osage reacted with remarkable restraint, and eventually the FBI (just the Bureau of Investigation under J. Edgar Hoover then) tried several of the murderers. Once the oil money ran out, the cheating and murdering stopped
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy