Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
HTRN

Re: Does not follow...

Post by HTRN »

BDK wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:31 am And, there are good reasons to switch away from synthetic fertilizers-truthfully, it has to be done - the application to yield curve insists on it - but it’s a gradual process (4-5 years, I think.)
Organic is much more expensive, and Sri Lanka is very, very poor.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:37 pm
BDK wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:31 am And, there are good reasons to switch away from synthetic fertilizers-truthfully, it has to be done - the application to yield curve insists on it - but it’s a gradual process (4-5 years, I think.)
Organic is much more expensive, and Sri Lanka is very, very poor.
This.

I am not against organic methods, they should be part of the mix but the market is much better at working that out.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I expect China's game has always been more about gaining a base off the coast of India than anything motivated by desire for profit.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

pass the glyphosate
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

3D printed hand stop:

Not my design; something I saw on Printables. I printed it out of ASA at 100% infill, on its side so that any issues with layer adhesion are not likely to cause a failure. Similar to the Arisaka finger stop I have been putting on my SBRs.

https://www.printables.com/model/203696 ... inger-stop
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
BDK

Post by BDK »

Eh, not organic. Regenerative ag still uses herbicides, etc, but it’s about restoring the soil web, but it takes time to get the soil web established well enough to stop using synthetic fertilizers.

The yields are comparable/the same, eventually.

Synthetic fertilizer cannot continually be used on the same field, over and over again - it’s a drug, not something which can sustain soil.

It starts taking more and more fertilizer for the same yield.
BDK

Post by BDK »

(General Mills/pretty much all major ag folks are working on regenerative ag now. Not for hippy reasons, for profitable little reasons)
BDK

Post by BDK »

(General Mills/pretty much all major ag folks are working on regenerative ag now. Not for hippy reasons, but to maximize profit.)
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

More meat, more well managed regenerative grazing. Grass and grains are for animals. I, being a secondary vegan, then eat animals.

Less monocropping of corn, soy et al. Mining dead soil then letting it was away down to the gulf.

Buffalo for all!
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Not a shock

https://www.openicpsr.org/openicpsr/pro ... on/V1/view

Democrat men move right when given Testosterone.