Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Netpackrat

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:43 am I kinda want a Winchester 1876 in .45-60. Cimarron and Uberti both sell reproductions, and neither is cheap - the Cimarron clone is 1800 dollars..

Meanwhile Marlin has the 1895CB, with a 26" barrel, and a 9 round mag for around 900 bucks.. a more modern receiver, for 2" less barrel, and iirc 2 rounds less in the tube, but you can really load up the marlin to smack the snot out of something..
If you get that 1876 in .45-75, I have a caliber specific Lyman mold I will make you a smoking deal on.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

Greg wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:30 pm
Gunnuts wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:20 am
Greg wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:31 am Tempted to get an XL frame for my 365 but then I'd have to get new mags too. Hmmmm.
You say that like its a problem. :? :?:
No, it's giving me ideas. :lol:
So I just ordered a 365xl frame and a few 12rd magazines. The magazines seem to include both bases so they can be used with both standard and xl frames. We'll see how it goes.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I recently helped a friend with neck problems sight in a .25 caliber air rifle. He'd bought it for his wife to shoot varmints around the farm. Videos of others with that rifle showed them killing coons, possums and small hogs with it. 200 bar pressure. I can't remember the stated fps.

We had a variety of pellets and slugs. Some did well, some not so well. Decent groups at 25 yards lying in a pasture.

He has a .45 caliber Air Force that we'd shot before his neck surgery. That one was fun, too. It may be an answer to ammo shortages.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
BDK

Post by BDK »

I have a Marlin 1895 CB with WWG trigger, loop, and other parts. Really makes for a nice gun.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

BDK wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:52 pm I have a Marlin 1895 CB with WWG trigger, loop, and other parts. Really makes for a nice gun.
Considering they're half the cost of 1876 repros shoot something that brass is readily available for, can be loaded far higher, with a lot more load data, and is made in the US, which means any issues are going to be easier to deal with...

2 inch's of barrel, 2 rounds in the tube, and a slightly faster action make it a nonstarter, pretty much...

Of course, if I had the money to spend, I'd probably buys Master Caster at this point...
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

Good article. Thanks
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Greg

Post by Greg »

Excellent. Me, I was lucky to find the likes of Keith Laumer and Gordon Dickson at a certain age.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr