Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
g-man

Re: Does not follow...

Post by g-man »

Broadcom wifi chips have security issues.

In a similar vein, I just upgraded my cable modem to get rid of the Intel Puma architecture latency problem. 400mbps cable internet regularly supports 250+mbps speeds, but we were constantly getting buffering problems watching anything streaming. New Motorola modem and we're back to cooking with gas.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

Jered wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:09 am It takes the Post Office three days to move a package a four hour drive.
I quit using the credit union at work because it consistently took them three business days to move my money transfer 25 miles. And it was digital money. The Pony Express could have had it to me by lunchtime. :roll:
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:20 pm I can probably guess, but could you expand on the Broadcom free topic?
Their wifi chipsets are notoriously flaky. Eventually you get tired of not being able to trust them, and constantly needing to reboot them after they just kind of stop working.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

So I saw Godzilla vs Kong yesterday...

All I have to say is "lizard slap" :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Greg wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:16 am
Weetabix wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:20 pm I can probably guess, but could you expand on the Broadcom free topic?
Their wifi chipsets are notoriously flaky. Eventually you get tired of not being able to trust them, and constantly needing to reboot them after they just kind of stop working.

Thus... Qualcomm
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Greg

Post by Greg »

blackeagle603 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:32 pm
Greg wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:16 am

Thus... Qualcomm
Yep. IPQ4018 is still an extremely capable bit of hardware, and you can find devices built from it for cheap.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

In the past 2 days I've bought a 10/22 and an LCP2. (Second one of each.)

I fondled a P365XL yesterday and went back to buy it today but it was gone. Not a big fan of the flat-faced trigger but I liked everything else quite a bit.

Tempted to get an XL frame for my 365 but then I'd have to get new mags too. Hmmmm.

Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

Greg wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:31 am Tempted to get an XL frame for my 365 but then I'd have to get new mags too. Hmmmm.
You say that like its a problem. :? :?:
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I kinda want a Winchester 1876 in .45-60. Cimarron and Uberti both sell reproductions, and neither is cheap - the Cimarron clone is 1800 dollars..

Meanwhile Marlin has the 1895CB, with a 26" barrel, and a 9 round mag for around 900 bucks.. a more modern receiver, for 2" less barrel, and iirc 2 rounds less in the tube, but you can really load up the marlin to smack the snot out of something..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

Gunnuts wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:20 am
Greg wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:31 am Tempted to get an XL frame for my 365 but then I'd have to get new mags too. Hmmmm.
You say that like its a problem. :? :?:
No, it's giving me ideas. :lol: