The Virginia resistance

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

Re: The Virginia resistance

Post by Vonz90 »

Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

I just saw that one.

1. Teaches or demonstrates to any other person the use, application, or making of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or intending that such training will be employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or

2. Assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with, or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, intending to employ such training for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or

3. Assembles with one or more persons with the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons by drilling, parading, or marching with any firearm, any explosive or incendiary device, or any components or combination thereof.

So this is going to be applied to ANTIFA right? Last one could be ROTC cadets too.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

How about High-Power Rifle matches? Pistol Matches? Clubs? The abuse potential this proposal engenders is staggering in the breathtaking shameless mendacity and brazen corruption.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

1. Teaches or demonstrates to any other person the use, application, or making of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or intending that such training will be employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder
Lucky for me Thanksgiving dinner wasn't in Virginia. I would be a criminal under that statute.

My nephew was asking about the difference between exothermic and endothermic chemical reactions for his college chemistry class.

I told him the polymerization reaction he was doing to the venison sausage in his pan was an example of an endothermic reaction. If he took the heat away from the pan, the reaction stopped.

On the other hand, if he added enough heat to a thrice nitrated toluene molecule to cause it to decompose to N2, CO2 and H20, that reaction is very exothermic. It will go to completion even if the activation heat source is removed.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

We all know how it is going to work if we really think about it.... The first target will be somebody already on the fringe like Yeager, and the response from the training industry will range anywhere from a collective shrug to cheering, with the vast majority deciding that even though it was Yeager doing stupid shit, they just aren't going to offer some classes to regular people anymore.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Netpackrat wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:07 pm We all know how it is going to work if we really think about it.... The first target will be somebody already on the fringe like Yeager, and the response from the training industry will range anywhere from a collective shrug to cheering, with the vast majority deciding that even though it was Yeager doing stupid shit, they just aren't going to offer some classes to regular people anymore.
Well they are making massive leaps trying to infringe on people's civil rights, so they might make the mistake of going after Mas Ayoob or John Farnam who can be seen as "nice old men" yet can destroy anyone in a legal argument/debate.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
BDK

Post by BDK »

Ayoob likes to pretend he’s a lawyer. Admittedly it’s been years since he said very dumb things in public, but he can, probably, be baited into stupidity.
evan price

Post by evan price »

I love how on the one hand they claim that well regulated militias are the only ones the 2A applied to... then they try to prevent militias from being well regulated.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/1 ... -gun-bans/

Sheriff, how about you deputize people so they can buy full autos? The Hughes Amendment is an infringement, too.

Actually, i think I just found a plank to put in my platform if I ever run for sheriff.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus