Fortify master bedroom door?

The place to talk about personal defense, preparedness, and survival; both armed and unarmed.
Netpackrat

Re: Fortify master bedroom door?

Post by Netpackrat »

chem light wrote:
JAG2955 wrote:
Even with all my nay-saying, I'll say that discussions like these will play a role when I build my final house. Look at pictures of castle gatehouses. My future front door will be inside of a vestibule with a tight 90 degree turn to get to the main door. No room to stack or swing a ram. Murder holes in the walls and ceiling. Heavy studs where high-strength wire with 1/0 treble fish hooks can hang at tac-vest height. Portcullis, moat, and dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark they shoot bees at you.
And yet you still deny me a Batcave. Just sayin'.
You ditch that loser you're with, and there'd be any number of guys, just on this forum alone, who'd be happy to build you a batcave worthy of the Catwoman.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Fun fact: the small parts storage/assembly room at work is nicknamed "the batcave"
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Our "Batcave" is where the melt shop electricians work.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Of course, the downside is while many TGC members could construct an excellent batcave, most of us tend toward Alfred more than Bruce Wayne. :mrgreen:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
kapikui

Post by kapikui »

Netpackrat wrote:Of course, the downside is while many TGC members could construct an excellent batcave, most of us tend toward Alfred more than Bruce Wayne. :mrgreen:
Or Perhaps Lucius Fox?
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Punisher.
Goods2010

Post by Goods2010 »

Aesop wrote:I note purely for informational purposes that a trip to the ER for a minor GSW (survivable) is in the vicinity of $5-10K.
Serious wounds start at about $25K, and go to $OMFG!
And everyone still calls me crazy for having a few kevlar vests and wanting plates...
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

PawPaw wrote:One of Murphy's Laws of Combat says that when you make it hard for an attacker to get it, you make it hard for you to get out.
+1

When I was a kid, I was in a house fire. Probably why I shudder whenever I see iron security bars around windows.
Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of man.
Gen. George S. Patton

I prefer my fortified master bedroom to be on tracks. Of course, sleeping space is limited, and the company isn't quite what I'm used to in my master bedroom, except ...

Dang! Now you've got me fantasizing about Sgt. Schuldt again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O0EUc07QbM
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Greg

Post by Greg »

D5CAV wrote: Dang! Now you've got me fantasizing about Sgt. Schuldt again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O0EUc07QbM
I wish I could remember where I saw it.... but once I was watching some video somewhere (might have been a tv show) about tanks, and they had a segment on the Merkava. The Israeli spokesperson who was talking about the Merkava, why it was designed the way it was, etc, was a *really* cute strawberry blond. Now I'd like to find that video, but quick searching isn't getting it.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Erik

Post by Erik »

This one?
The Top 10 Greatest Ever Tanks Merkava #4: http://youtu.be/LP1YJNOOSWA
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne