Toomey - Manchin defeated

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
randy

Toomey - Manchin defeated

Post by randy »

...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
308Mike

Re: Toomey - Manchin defeated

Post by 308Mike »

WOO HOO!!!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Wouldn't you know that McCain would vote for it. What a steamy pile of turd.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Weetabix wrote:Wouldn't you know that McCain would vote for it. What a steamy pile of turd.
+1 I haven't forgiven him for McCain-Feingold, no matter how the Supreme Court may have limited it, THAT excrescense is still on the books.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
George guy

Post by George guy »

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear Chris Matthews lament like a woman.
'Regulate' used to mean the opposite of 'constipate.'
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Windy Wilson wrote:
Weetabix wrote:Wouldn't you know that McCain would vote for it. What a steamy pile of turd.
+1 I haven't forgiven him for McCain-Feingold, no matter how the Supreme Court may have limited it, THAT excrescense is still on the books.
I sure hope the good folks in AZ come up with a much better replacement for that backstabber!

EDIT:

From RollCall:
However, the measure does have 55 Senate supporters, given that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., changed his vote at the last minute to preserve his ability to call up the vote again.

In addition to Toomey, only three Republicans — Sens. Susan Collins of Maine, John McCain of Arizona and Mark S. Kirk of Illinois — voted in favor of the background check compromise.

Besides Reid, four Democrats voted against it, including Sens. Max Baucus of Montana, Mark Begich of Alaska, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Mark Pryor of Arkansas.

In the 24 hours leading up to the vote, President Barack Obama and former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., along with her husband, Mark Kelly, had personally lobbied on-the-fence senators or those who had declared themselves as “no” votes. But those efforts failed.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Though Dingy Harry can call it up again, YEEHAH!!!!

We need a smiley with a raised beer glass.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Yep. Kirk Dillard is representing his Illinois again... the Illinois north of I-80 and west of Route 59. Now if the rest of Illinois had two Senators representing them in Congress we might be set.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

Yes! Now we strike back. Time to push "Universal Reciprocity", NFA reform, deal with the crap we've seen at the state level, and evangelize gun ownership. Would be nice if we can remove gun control as a policy item from the Democratic Party too.

Let's keep at it, we're nowhere near out of the woods yet.
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
Rod

Post by Rod »

deleted by me. stupidity reigned today.
Last edited by Rod on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist