Whatcha reading redux.

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Rich

Whatcha reading redux.

Post by Rich »

Received Ringo's Hot Gate yesterday, and in preparation have been rereading Live Free or Die (finished yesterday evening) and Citadel (started yesterday evening).

That is all.
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Steamforger

Re: Whatcha reading redux.

Post by Steamforger »

Still working through "The Diamond Age." My reading time is cut drastically short lately by making preps to move. I am, however, anxiously awaiting an E-ARC release of Monster Hunter Alpha. :twisted:
AZMARK

Post by AZMARK »

Finished Hard Magic yesterday evening.
My favorite story of his ended with "...and so he went out the back door in his bathrobe, flipped the AK to 'Afrikaner', and started hosing the baboons off his tennis court." - Tam
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Between my GF, (a long-haired, red-headed belly-dancer), work and back to college, have about zero time to read.

I have taken to getting the books on Audiobooks so I can listen while doing other stuff. Currently listening to the first part of Larry Correias Monster Hunter: Vendetta.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Finishing up the biography of Richard Francis Burton. Next will be either Barzun's From Dawn to Decadence, or Field Guide to Meteorites by Norton. Er, if I don't pick up some trashy novel or something first. :P
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

Must be missing law school - back on egg head stuff...

Civil Disobedience is excellent.

Trying to still work my way through the introductions to "The Republic" and "Ethics"... Frankly, if "The Republic" is how the introducer makes it out, Plato was a juvenile, passive-aggressive idiot - need to wait until I actually read the Plato bits.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Denis

Post by Denis »

Just finished Carl Sagan's "Cosmos". A good read, especially since I never saw the TV series.

I will ask Mr Kindle what's next ... :)
staylor

Post by staylor »

Right now in the middle of A Mighty Fortress by Weber and Feet of Clay by Pratchet.
No non fiction at the moment.
"Tyranny like Hell is not easily conquered yet we have this consolation with us, the harder the conflict, the more glorius the triumph"
Thomas Paine
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

I'm trying to read "Dune". I keep on starting it, and I've never made it the whole way through.
staylor

Post by staylor »

JAG2955 wrote:I'm trying to read "Dune". I keep on starting it, and I've never made it the whole way through.
I know what you mean. Took me forever to finish the first book (and I am a fast reader) and the other books in the series I did not even finish. Quite frankly I don't get all the hooplah about the Dune books.
"Tyranny like Hell is not easily conquered yet we have this consolation with us, the harder the conflict, the more glorius the triumph"
Thomas Paine