Darn tough socks. no more

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Precision

Darn tough socks. no more

Post by Precision »

Someone on here pointed me to Darn Tough a few years ago and well, I love(d) their socks. They are awesome socks and my wife loves them too, but as a cop, she can't buy them any more after this.

https://darntough.com/pages/inclusion

Perhaps I am wrong, but this sure looks like full on genuflection, self hate and Marxism (some repetition there). They buy into the 1619 fiasco and well their own words are pretty damning.

I am ordering some Point6 socks to see. They seem to be very similar and don't hate America / first responders...voting with my dollars.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Weetabix

Re: Darn tough socks. no more

Post by Weetabix »

*sigh* Someone here turned me on to them, too. Great socks.

"Breonna Taylor murdered in a no-knock warrant. George Floyd knee-choked to death." I thought court evidence showed that the police did knock and Breonna's boyfriend shot first. I thought George Floyd said, "I ate too many drugs" and the autopsy showed he had OD'ed.

Do keep us updated on your sock journey. I loves me some merino socks. Darn Tough is better than Smart Wool for durability. Here's hoping someone else is better than Darn Tough.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Go woke, go broke.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Precision

Post by Precision »

blackeagle603 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:12 pm Go woke, go broke.
don't know about broke, but they lost my $2-300 a year as well as going from talking positively about them, to sending people directly to another brand / anyone but them.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
randy

Post by randy »

Hadn't heard of them before. Not going to be buying from them not that I have.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Go woke go broke is a corrollary to "Anything the Left touches turns to S**t"

From one case to the next it's only a question of how fast (or slow) the time constant is for that to come into the full bloom of death by Leftism.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I've read good things about Bombas socks, but I haven't tried them yet. Their "About Us" page says they support BLM and they're proud of my sexuality, though, so...
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Precision wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:40 pm Someone on here pointed me to Darn Tough a few years ago and well, I love(d) their socks. They are awesome socks and my wife loves them too, but as a cop, she can't buy them any more after this.
You're surprised that a Vermont business pulls this nonsense?! :? I'm just amazed they're not from Rutvegas, the rest of Vermont points to them as "the communists" :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Jered

Post by Jered »

Varusteleka has merino wool socks.

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/group/socks/2171
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Precision

Post by Precision »

Jered wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:54 am Varusteleka has merino wool socks.

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/group/socks/2171
They are much lower in price, but also much lower in wool content and only a 12 month warranty. I like the 50, 70 and higher wool content as I need the cushion aspect and I really don't like liner socks. Also the Darn Tough and hopefully the Point6 socks will have extreme durability. My Thorlos were decent socks but I only got about 24 months out of them and that was with a rotation base of 8-10 pairs plus a few pairs for dirty jobs. The higher wool content socks last a LOT longer.