Darn tough socks. no more

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
blackeagle603

Re: Darn tough socks. no more

Post by blackeagle603 »

I've done well enough for what I need these days (weekend home work projects) with Lorpen but they don't really last as long as I'd expect.

I'd be shopping other brands if I was still wearing work boots daily. Otherwise I'm in toe socks and either 5-fingers, Xero shoes or flip flops
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
g-man

Re: Darn tough socks. no more

Post by g-man »

Well damn. I have one pair of ankle socks they gave me at their booth at AUSA a couple of years back. Awesome socks. I was planning on grabbing a bunch of those, but just like Ben & Jerry's, they're off to the 'Nope, not ever' list. My favorite ice cream on the planet is Phish Food. And I could abide them being leftist hippies when they mostly shut up about it. But since they put out "Pecan Resist", I haven't touched the stuff. There is a point when enough is enough. H-E-B brand stuff and Blue Bell are good substitutes. BRCC wasn't any big loss, but B&J's is kinda tough, especially since I grew up mostly in VT.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum