Washing & drying ALICE gear.

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
blackeagle603

Re: Washing & drying ALICE gear.

Post by blackeagle603 »

Of course, being of Scottish ancestry and having had parents who grew up during the Depression/WWII era, even if I did upgrade, I'd still keep this setup as a spare.
Any other action would lead to calls of "No true Scotsman."

Thrift, a higher virtue than charity.

signed,
Son of a Scot Immigrant (circa 1927 aboard SS Leviathan via Ellis Island)
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

HTRN wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:01 am
Cybrludite wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:50 pmOf course, being of Scottish ancestry and having had parents who grew up during the Depression/WWII era,
Oh man, I know that story - you don't just pinch pennies, you squeeze em in a vise! :lol:
In the family vise, been with us for generations. Also the reason we never speak to cousin Angus MacKilt or whoever, for he covets it so.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Momma would pinch a penny so hard she could pull a booger from Lincoln's nose.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

blackeagle603 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:18 pm
Of course, being of Scottish ancestry and having had parents who grew up during the Depression/WWII era, even if I did upgrade, I'd still keep this setup as a spare.
Any other action would lead to calls of "No true Scotsman."

Thrift, a higher virtue than charity.

signed,
Son of a Scot Immigrant (circa 1927 aboard SS Leviathan via Ellis Island)
I remember reading something years ago about.how various ethnic groups built multigeneration wealth - almost all of them did it by earning more than the rest of the population...

Except the Scots.

They did it by not spending money - they had a saving rate double that of any other ethnic group.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

What MiddleAged Ken and Termite said.
Nature's Miracle, which I used when I had a dog.
I don't know if it's available where you are; Something called American Kennel Club Gold is an alternative, flogged by the guy who does the Saturday noon pet show.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

MiddleAgedKen wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:52 am That smell ain't coming out unless you can safely use something like Nature's Miracle on it. You want something with the right enzymes.
This
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

SoupOrMan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:51 am
HTRN wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:01 am
Cybrludite wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:50 pmOf course, being of Scottish ancestry and having had parents who grew up during the Depression/WWII era,
Oh man, I know that story - you don't just pinch pennies, you squeeze em in a vise! :lol:
In the family vise, been with us for generations. Also the reason we never speak to cousin Angus MacKilt or whoever, for he covets it so.
My family is/was generally thrifty but I really took my paternal grandmother's shopping philosophy to heart. For groceries and general shopping, she would not look at prices for anything. Her point was, if you have to look at the price, you do not need it, so do not buy it. If you actually need it, it does not matter what it costs- you have to pay because you need it.