How to make a winchester model 94 operate smoother

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
evan price

Re: How to make a winchester model 94 operate smoother

Post by evan price »

I've used valve grinding compound to lap 1911 slides and frames, FAL bolt carriers and receiver lips, etc
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Long time ago on the GEnie outdoors roundtable the use of JB for action smoothing was discussed and tested; I know that on at least one 1911 it caused the sear/hammer interface to 'round over' allowing the hammer to sometimes follow the slide down. But it was a lot of cycles with the compound applied and with pressure applied to the hammer while pulling the trigger.

Care should be taken.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I have this new compound for polishing knives sharp that my buddy sent me to polish scratches out of stainless steel. I think it might also work. I think I may do a post on it soon.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.