Midway usa another reason to not shop there.

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Precision

Midway usa another reason to not shop there.

Post by Precision »

I am attempting to get a mag extention for a Rem 870. Most companies are sold out of the +2,3,4 choices.
This lead me to Midway as they have a +3 in stock.
The NRA Round up is now automatic and might not be able to be removed.

According to the chat bot / person, it can be removed after you fill out your CC info. NOPE. Not gonna happen.
Wasn't super happy about several of their things, but scamming people into donating to Wayne and cronies. Just NO.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Precision

Re: Midway usa another reason to not shop there.

Post by Precision »

I have had two rounds of ass kissing emails saying we really want you as a customer but not addressing the corrupt method of harvesting cash for Wayne La Pierre's mansions / crony fundraising / huge in kind sponsorships for Midway via their "round up" program.

In each email I have specifically called out their process and what it gets them at their customer's expense. Crickets.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Precision wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:54 pm I am attempting to get a mag extention for a Rem 870. Most companies are sold out of the +2,3,4 choices.
This lead me to Midway as they have a +3 in stock.
The NRA Round up is now automatic and might not be able to be removed.

According to the chat bot / person, it can be removed after you fill out your CC info. NOPE. Not gonna happen.
Wasn't super happy about several of their things, but scamming people into donating to Wayne and cronies. Just NO.
There are worse places for money to go than the NRA, but I agree it should be optional. In any case I just bought some powder from them and it was optional (and I did not).
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Never forced to do the round up there. And I haven't paid it in a couple of years, though it used to be all the time.
AlaskaTRX

Post by AlaskaTRX »

It’s still optional for me...
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Optional for me. But yeah, I hate that. I have to renew my membership to be a member of a really great outdoor range here. Fucking chaps my hide.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

NRA membership is required at my range as well. Something about an insurance program.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
randy

Post by randy »

When I was VP of the Schofield Barracks Rod & Gun Club (90's) we needed a certain percentage of the membership to be NRA members to qualify for liability insurance for range activities. Would not have been financially feasible without it as we had to have liability insurance to operate on the base ranges.

I don't know if they now require 100% membership, or the ranges in question figured it's just easier to require for everyone rather than the admin of tracking if they have the right numbers.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Seems legit. Still I wish I could choose which I could be a member of.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
potyar

Post by potyar »

Online games are very popular at present. Most people are interested to play the games. Get to know about online games here. SPAM Link Deleted