shotshow 2020 my take

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
BDK

Re: shotshow 2020 my take

Post by BDK »

Elite Match, I think. It’s an SAO one.

The trigger hole was off-center, and gave the ‘smith some fits fitting the Henning trigger I bought for it.

They also should make the small frame models more available - I did notice some people are bringing them in.

I was talking to one fellow who was raving about shooting a compensated 9MM - said it felt like airsoft. Could be a great steel challenge gun.
Precision

Post by Precision »

HTRN wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:25 am
Precision wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:22 pm They have an "F-class" rifle that has a threaded barrel. Any idea other than someone thought cool kids want threaded barrels, as to WHY they would do that. It is a 1" diameter barrel with a flat bottom heavy as hell stock with a very well machined thread protector that looks like the rest of the barrel unless you look closely. I am just perplexed at the why? Am I missing something?
No, you're not. I also hope it takes a remington pattern trigger, because ive yet to see a factory trigger good enough for any kind of br competion.

Edit, did you get sick,btw? It seems like a bunch of guntubers who went to shot, got a good dose of "con crud" - notably Brandon Herrara and Donot Operator.
Will have to check what triggers it can take. They really aren't asking me to help on the "f-class" (style at least) rifle. In dry firing, the trigger in the Saphire line was very nice. It was set to about 2#, so that helps, but it had very little creep and very little over travel with a VERY crisp break. We will see when I get on line. They are stating it won't be until March as the are doing lots of tradeshow until then. Shot, then something else then IWA.

I did not catch Shotshow Crud. See, I am an early adopter. I went to a non-gun related tradeshow two weeks before and got Flu A there. Hopefully that is my dose of shitty for this winter / spring. I realized what it was immediately and got Tamiflu, which helped a lot. It acted like a moderate cold that lasted forever. Almost 3 weeks later and I still have congestion blocking my ability to hear, but compared to what some people have had... I'll take it.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Precision

Post by Precision »

BDK wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:58 am Elite Match, I think. It’s an SAO one.

The trigger hole was off-center, and gave the ‘smith some fits fitting the Henning trigger I bought for it.

They also should make the small frame models more available - I did notice some people are bringing them in.

I was talking to one fellow who was raving about shooting a compensated 9MM - said it felt like airsoft. Could be a great steel challenge gun.
Once we go live with this, I will attempt to figure some things out for you.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
Precision

Post by Precision »

scipioafricanus wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:49 pm What about the Laugo Alien? Looks very interesting... but 5K interesting...

https://youtu.be/G5u9k9qq2-o
I got denied access to media day. So I didn't see or get to play with that. The 25ish year old twat waffle that kept me out, ... I will leave it at that. But from Ian's video, it seems super cool, but $5k is about $3500 more cool than I would spend.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Precision wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:34 pmIt acted like a moderate cold that lasted forever.
Ive had this crap for two weeks and I'm still coughing my guts out.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Precision

Post by Precision »

HTRN wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:18 am
Precision wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:34 pmIt acted like a moderate cold that lasted forever.
Ive had this crap for two weeks and I'm still coughing my guts out.
Update, girlfriend the SRO, works with snotty nosed kids all day and she brought me home a cold. My snotty nose and hacking cough was just starting to ebb. No more. Going full force now, again. Sigh. Had a coughing fit last night from midnight to 1AM. I was so bad that even on the couch, she came out to see if I was gonna live. Some hot tea, coughing up a couple of ounces of green oysters and a bit of honey allowed me to get back to sleep.
Now I have the cough caused by coughing too much.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I think the Kung Flu kept people away this year.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
toad

Post by toad »

I have been having luck using the old gargling with as hot a salt water as you can stand. It seems to help getting the necrotic crud out of the back of my throat. I spit up slime anyway.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

necroposting:

re: airway crud and symptoms. Rona or otherwise

I've become a big believer in nebulized hydrogen peroxide. Remarkable results throughout the family with chronic crud type things cleared up. In addition to use during our time experiencing the rona
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Precision

Post by Precision »

blackeagle603 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:58 pm necroposting:

re: airway crud and symptoms. Rona or otherwise

I've become a big believer in nebulized hydrogen peroxide. Remarkable results throughout the family with chronic crud type things cleared up. In addition to use during our time experiencing the rona
I read somewhere about dropping about 6-8 drops of listerine in your 4 oz prep for your nettie pot. makes your sinuses smell nice and has cut down on crud type issues if done as soon as the tickle starts then am and pm for a few days.

Works for me.

Have also used a scope mint version too.