alternative brand

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Johnnyreb

alternative brand

Post by Johnnyreb »

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/ ... r-at-last/

I just learned through this that 1. Levis is based in San Francisco. and 2. They own Dockers. and 3. Shannon Watts is yet another leftist liar.

For years now, Dockers relaxed fit pant have been my only brand. I wear them in black at work 5 days a week and keep several pairs of khakis for other times. Haven't worn jeans in years, though due to actually losing a decent amount of weight and keeping it off the past couple of years I may change that soon. Have to buy new pants soon at any rate due since I could stand to lose 4 inches off the waist size of what I'm wearing now.

So, since Dockers are owned by the enemy. What's a good alternative brand for some nice, comfortable pants? With that bit of elastic in the waist like the Dockers, that's what makes a pair of pants really comfortable all day. And no Chinos, I've dropped a good bit of weight, but not that much. :)
Rich Jordan

Re: alternative brand

Post by Rich Jordan »

I stopped buying anything Levis when they attacked the Boy Scouts decades ago. Guess they can be all friends again now...

I keep any eye on LA Police Gear website. They have periodic sales. My favorites (which are sadly no longer made) were Blackhawk TNT pants which have hidden elastic expanders on each side, and some extra pockets but not large cargo pockets. I'm not a fan of the pants that have the visible 'crinkled' elastic waistbands.

5.11 also makes some usable pants that are not too tacticool looking. And a uniform supply shop like LAPG tends to carry all sizes.

I am a customer of LAPG but have no other connection
Greg

Post by Greg »

I wear Duluth Trading flex fire hose pants, long or short depending on the weather, almost every day now.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Wranglers. Either jeans or cargo pants.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Cahartts at work, and black dickies work pants at home. I also have some carhartt shorts for hot weather.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

I've been wearing Wrangler jeans and cargo pants for years. At first, it was a bit of an adjustment, I had worn Levi's for decades. There are some differences in the cut.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

A tailor from Thailand comes once a year to take my order for wool dress slacks. I buy two pair whether I need them or not (usually not). They cost about $100 each and are made to my specifications, including reinforced belt loops that fit my gun belt, and hidden reinforced pockets. About the same price as wool blend slacks at Costco.

My casual pants are bought from LA Police Gear or Botach. Either their house brand or something like Magpul. Again, I buy a couple every year whether I need them or not (usually not, because they don't wear out). They claim the "list" price is about $60, but I only buy them when they are on one of their periodic "blowout" sales, so I don't think I've ever paid more than $20 for a pair.

I can't remember the last time I owned a pair of Levi's.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe