Chest Freezer

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
HTRN

Re: Chest Freezer

Post by HTRN »

Summit has a whole line of super insulated freezers aimed at the medical/scientific market - seriously not cheap though. A EL51LT is a 15 cu foot freezer that can go down to -45c, but cost around two and a half grand.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Windy Wilson

Re: Chest Freezer

Post by Windy Wilson »

Once you get to -40 degrees, C or F is irrelevant. :o
My parents had a chest freezer. I was sorry to see it go, but I had no space for it, and my brothers' wives wanted new shit.
It was a Philco (Ford Motorcar subsidiary) and it looked like it had been a participant in WW2. It was still running strong when I gave it to the Electric Company.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy