Tannerite

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Rod

Re: Tannerite

Post by Rod »

blackeagle603 wrote:How about simultaneously "gang shooting" multiple tannerites set in a perimeter around a bait?
Timing to have them all go of simultaneously. Firing squads aren't exactly precision shooting.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

I think that you could control your giant shotgun a lot better than an omni-directional blast from a tannerite charge. Force your target into a linear shape and angle your gun barrel to give enfilade fire (along the long axis). If you mount it high enough, you can probably limit your beaten zone and avoid stray projectiles leaving your desired area.

Bonus points for style if you can get some concertina wire to block off exits and mount an additional gun barrel along there to take them out on their escape.
BDK

Post by BDK »

So...

Bait trench, buried culvert pipe loaded with the charge, and tannerite charge on top, with a disk on top to direct most of the blast down - possibly w a side wrap depending on how much of a shooting window you need.

Can tannerite ignite black powder?
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

BDK wrote:So...

Bait trench, buried culvert pipe loaded with the charge, and tannerite charge on top, with a disk on top to direct most of the blast down - possibly w a side wrap depending on how much of a shooting window you need.

Can tannerite ignite black powder?
it shouldnt, but will it ignite amfo?
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

My, but we are a happy little bunch of cutthroats and miscreants, aren't we? :lol:
BEYOND THE BLACK STAMP Natchitoches Parish, LA(Aesociated Press)
Parish authorities in Natchitoches are puzzled by recent goings on out on the bayous west of I-49.

"I wuz out checking on my chickens 'bout midnight, when all a'sudden there wuz dis outraaaaajus gran' flash up in de sky, and then there be all kin' o pig parts rainin' from da heavens, cher'. I jes do'know what it be from..." said local poultry maven Jasper Beaujolais in an exclusive interview.

Sheriff J.W. Pepper III was quoted as saying , "Well boy, I don't know, but I can say that the local church picnics seems to have an abundance of hams lately, and the hushpuppies and cornbread ain't bad either. 'scuse me now, I think it's getting close to supper time."

Based on some data showing the recent seismographic activity, geologists at Tulane have said they can't rule out the possibility of normal seismic activity of a microfault becoming active just east of the Texas border region.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

try a narrow tube full of tanerite with a bulb of it at the top as the target. have the tube go down a barrel of ANFO let us know how that works. ANFO should be a lot cheaper than tannerite. might leave a crater though.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Lokidude wrote:Mebbe. Have to have one hell of a shockwave if you aim to kill without frag. May stun em some, give your gang shooters a better chance.
The CDC says a blast over pressure of 65 psi can cause fatalities in humans, I couldn't find anything about hogs but I assume they take about the same amount of killin'. I just read that tannerite detonates at somewhere between 16,000 and 20,000 ft/sec so I would assume it would be possible to calculate how far out X number of pounds of tannerite, as a suspended charge, would produce at least 65 psi.

Be advised I am no expert, I may not know what I'm talking about, actually I probably don't.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782
Bullspit

Post by Bullspit »

I wish you luck on your pest control operation!

And you know there are a thousand folks in the northern states wishing they could hunt your pigs. Crazy as it sounds, there are guys who are trying (illegally) to establish wild pigs in places they haven't gotten too yet.
"Stand it like a man, and give some back." Al Swearengen
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Aesop wrote:My, but we are a happy little bunch of cutthroats and miscreants, aren't we? :lol:
Parish authorities in Natchitoches are puzzled by recent goings on out on the bayous west of I-49.

Sheriff J.W. Pepper III was quoted as saying ,....(snip)
Actually, I know the Sheriff of Natchitoches Parish. Vic Jones and I worked together for 18 years before he was elected. About that time I moved 50 miles down the road, to Rapides Parish.

Vic would probably come help.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Termite

Post by Termite »

Aesop wrote:My, but we are a happy little bunch of cutthroats and miscreants, aren't we? :lol:

"I wuz out checking on my chickens 'bout midnight, when all a'sudden there wuz dis outraaaaajus gran' flash up in de sky, and then there be all kin' o pig parts rainin' from da heavens, cher'. I jes do'know what it be from..." said local poultry maven Jasper Beaujolais in an exclusive interview.

Sheriff J.W. Pepper III was quoted as saying , "Well boy, I don't know, but I can say that the local church picnics seems to have an abundance of hams lately, and the hushpuppies and cornbread ain't bad either. 'scuse me now, I think it's getting close to supper time."

Based on some data showing the recent seismographic activity, geologists at Tulane have said they can't rule out the possibility of normal seismic activity of a microfault becoming active just east of the Texas border region.
:lol:

Couple of points: That part of Louisiana is considered northern Louisiana; generally anything from US 190 south is "South Louisiana"; between LA 8 and US 190 is "central Louisiana; north of LA 8(about 15 miles above Alexandria) to the Arkansas border is "north Louisiana". There are a few bayous west of I-49, but the western side of Louisiana from Deridder all the way to Shreveport has a fair amount of low rolling hills.
In fact, if you look at a topo map of Louisiana, you will see that from Alexandria northward there is a fair amount of terrain relief save for around the rivers.
Pawpaw used to live on Bayou Darbonne, the western side of which is against the Kisatchie Wold/Cuesta(escarpment).
KISATCHIE WOLD. The Kisatchie Wold, Kisatchie Cuesta, or Kisatchie Escarpment was formerly a continuous ridge from the Mississippi River floodplain to the Rio Grande valley, but erosion has reduced the solid ridge to a clearly marked line of hills. In Louisiana this ridge runs through the Kisatchie National Forest. In Texas the Kisatchie Wold is one of four well-developed cuesta uplands roughly parallel to the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. The cuesta (synonymous with wold) is an asymmetrical ridge with a long gentle slope on one side and a steep cliff on the other. The Kisatchie Wold slopes gently seaward and drops off sharply on the landward side. It was formed at the contact of the Catahoula sandstone with the underlying sands and shales of the Jackson Group. In Texas the highest points of this line occur in northern Newton, Jasper, Tyler, Polk, Trinity, and Walker counties. In places these hills attain a height of 400 to 450 feet above sea level. The Kisatchie Wold exerts an important influence on the streams in the Gulf Coastal Plain. All of the rivers that cross it have been deflected and forced to flow eastward along its northern edge for considerable distances. Examples of this eastward deflection are the Trinity River along the northern boundaries of Walker and San Jacinto counties and the Neches River along the northern boundaries of Polk and Tyler counties.
Link

That's ya'lls geography/geology lesson for today. :)
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."