Red dot with astigmatism

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Cobar

Red dot with astigmatism

Post by Cobar »

Does anyone know any red dots that don't blur when you have astigmatism?

I've only ever shot irons or scopes but I'd like something like a red dot for an AR.
Precision

Re: Red dot with astigmatism

Post by Precision »

I don't know if it is true, but I heard the type like the acro are much better for that. It is a different method of creating / projecting the dot, but I haven't bothered to learn the difference or if it is true.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Was talking to a guy at work today that has the same issue. He said he tried an eotech that worked OK but red dots were useless to him, just a blur.

Probably going to go over to the PSA store next week. I'll see if I can look through some and see how bad it is. The eye doctors always said it was just barely enough to correct so any old red dot might work out ok.
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

I have heard that the prismatic type sights can work better than the reflector sights for people with eye problems.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

This just popped up in my email today…

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/co ... newsletter
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Thanks. I'll give that a read.