Best CLP?

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Best CLP?

Post by Combat Controller »

I like this guys videos. Good solid run at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fibRewlndLg
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Weetabix

Re: Best CLP?

Post by Weetabix »

He makes a good solid run at lots of stuff.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
BDK

Post by BDK »

My brother is a fan of the channel too
BDK

Post by BDK »

I’m surprised how poorly ballistol fared. It always seemed to work well, but I usually used it mixed with distilled water
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

BDK wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:15 pm I’m surprised how poorly ballistol fared. It always seemed to work well, but I usually used it mixed with distilled water
Why is that? Also I would love to see an Ed's Red
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
BDK

Post by BDK »

It emulsifies with the water, and leaves a coating oil oil behind when it dries.

Partly, it was a cost saving habit from my student days/makes for a cheap substance to soak stuff in/partly in that distilled water with the ballistic seemed to work very well for scrubbing out tombac.