Going Gear

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Cybrludite

Going Gear

Post by Cybrludite »

Ran across Going Gear via another forum, and thought I'd share the find. Not a huge selection, but good prices on what they've got. Particularly interesting are a pocket saw that looks like it doesn't suck, and a fire steel with a waterproof capsule for storing tinder. I've bought a couple of capsule-whistles for my sister & niece, and a few of the zipper-pull whistles for myself. I've attached one to my fire steel and one to my signal mirror, as well as to sundry jackets.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
randy

Re: Going Gear

Post by randy »

Gotta love their sense of humor too:
A Note From The Legal Department: These Mirrors create a bright flash. Please use responsibly. Signal Mirrors do not work well at night.
:D
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

randy wrote:Gotta love their sense of humor too:
A Note From The Legal Department: These Mirrors create a bright flash. Please use responsibly. Signal Mirrors do not work well at night.
:D
Yeah, countycomm.com's legal department is a hoot.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Jered

Post by Jered »

The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
sam

Post by sam »

Jered wrote:Ohh, a suppository.
ROFLMAO!
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

I've got that saw and it works great--picked it up at Cabela's...
Actually just about everything there can be as well, except maybe the neat whistle zipper pull...

Check out Survival Gear - Makers, Dealers & Information or the W I K I for a list of additional equipment...
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!