more batfeieio fuckery

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Precision

more batfeieio fuckery

Post by Precision »

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment ... ster-them/

The options presented in the final [rule] are:

• Scenario 1: Turn in the entire firearm with the attached “stabilizing brace” to ATF;
• Scenario 2: Destroy the whole firearm;
• Scenario 3: Convert the short-barreled rifle into a long-barreled rifle;
• Scenario 4: Apply to register the weapon under the NFA; or
• Scenario 5: Permanently remove and dispose of, or alter, the “stabilizing brace” from the firearm so that it cannot be reattached.

120 days to accomplish this, but

The ATF suggests that braces intended to be fired without shouldering the gun may remain legal: “This rule does not affect ‘stabilizing braces’ that are objectively designed and intended as a ‘stabilizing brace’ for use by individuals with disabilities, and not for shouldering the weapon as a rifle. Such stabilizing braces are designed to conform to the arm and not as a buttstock.

enough doublespeak and vagueness that this will save NO ONE and even if you don't see (permanent) jail time, the process will have served the purpose.

And this right after TWO circuit (or appeals) courts (can't remember) removed the bumpstock ban as facially UNconstitutional.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Gunnuts

Re: more batfeieio fuckery

Post by Gunnuts »

We all know what the second amendment we're always quoting is all about.

We all know we don't have the balls to do it.

They know that, too.

So choose die alone like a man when the time comes, or be their bitch.

It's not at all palitable, but that is the line that's been drawn.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn wrote: “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
We're at the part I underlined for emphasis. Now. There are going to be a bunch of folks who get steamrolled with this. But at some point, just given the odds, if they continue to roll the bones long enough they're going to come up snake-eyes and run into someone who is going to shoot them in the face. Where we need to work is locally, since if the local sheriff refuses to enforce any of this nonsense (see current AWBs not being enforced), we have a chance. But if the local constabulary is in with the gestapo, you should probably move.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Precision

Post by Precision »

My local sheriff, the wife's boss attends pro gun group meetings but refuses to take a stand on such things. slimy politico rule #1
and I can't get in his face like I would like due to negative pressure it would exert on the wife's career.

The upside is, the VAST majority of the day to day LEO's are good ole boy rednecks who are not fans of the ATF and such dictats. And I agree. So long as the BATFU selectively cherry picks who they crucify, there will be little pushback (and what is, will be given the Weaver treatment) but if they attempt wholesale efforts, they are vastly outnumbered...
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
evan price

Post by evan price »

To get the amnesty sbr stamp, you have to send a picture of your illegally configured firearm to ATF....
Yeah sure. And people believe it
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

To be fair, who honestly didn't see this coming? Everybody and his brother tried to do an end run around SBR law, and BATFE got caught with their pants down. Now that they having backing in the Whitehouse and the Senate, they're going to put things back, and try to fuck over gun owners along the way.
Last edited by HTRN on Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
g-man

Post by g-man »

HTRN wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:26 am To be fair, who honestly didn't see this coming? Everybody and his brother tried to do an end run around SBR law, and BATFE got caught with their pants down. Now that they having backing in the Whitehouse and the Senate, they're going to put things back, and try to fuck I've gun owners along the way.
Yeah, despite SBR 'law' running wildly afoul of historical precedent (14.5" barreled M-4's are 'standard', so they meet the 'in common usage' BS test), much less the 2A.

But of course we're all pretty much pontificating to the chapel singers on this topic here...
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I wonder how long it's going to get overturned by the courts for the BATFEIEIO not dealing in good faith, or for not being you know CONGRESS, who' has the sole preview to write law, in light of the recent EPA decision.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

HTRN wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:27 pm I wonder how long it's going to get overturned by the courts for the BATFEIEIO not dealing in good faith, or for not being you know CONGRESS, who' has the sole preview to write law, in light of the recent EPA decision.
Probably not before at least one Ruby Ridge.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

SBRs as a separate category might fail the historicity provision of Bruen, though it will probably be a while before it comes to that. There was no hysteria over "ZOMG sawed-off shotguns" in the founding era.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!