more batfeieio fuckery

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Precision

Re: more batfeieio fuckery

Post by Precision »

MiddleAgedKen wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:42 am SBRs as a separate category might fail the historicity provision of Bruen, though it will probably be a while before it comes to that. There was no hysteria over "ZOMG sawed-off shotguns" in the founding era.
Even with this new fuckery, you can run a brace on your Shockwave or equivalent and be perfectly fine...until the ATF backfills that by arresting people and changing the "law" as they go.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Precision wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:50 pm
MiddleAgedKen wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:42 am SBRs as a separate category might fail the historicity provision of Bruen, though it will probably be a while before it comes to that. There was no hysteria over "ZOMG sawed-off shotguns" in the founding era.
Even with this new fuckery, you can run a brace on your Shockwave or equivalent and be perfectly fine...until the ATF backfills that by arresting people and changing the "law" as they go.
I was actually wondering about that today.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

They have to know there will be no more free Wacos...don't they?
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Precision

Post by Precision »

MiddleAgedKen wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:33 am
No, they do not. They assume the great "might" of the Fed is enough to intimidate all into submission. The mantra of dictatorships the world over right up until they end up on the Saddam end of things.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
Precision

Post by Precision »

In a another location I replied to someone else wanting to defund the ATF and TSA.

My suggestion (more or less:

make those two agencies fight it out Mass Gladitorial style. the Prize is the current TSA budget. Winner takes all. Televised via Payperview.
To be repeated each year. In year 2 thru whenever, the prize is the Payperview revenue as a budget. The fine print. after year one, no new employees are allowed to be hired to restaff. Funding can be used for anything, but no more than 50% can be used on better gladitorial equipment or training for the following budget fight. No weapons or armor of design post 1120 AD. No poison, chem weapons. however, modern metallurgy is allowed.

After 2-4 years, I think it should become a round robin tournament to include the FBI, Dept of Education, IRS...

Or perhaps just let Agencies call each other out for greater funding when the 10% per year across the board reductions start under Pres. DeSantis.
randy

Post by randy »

Precision wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:15 pm
MiddleAgedKen wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:33 am
No, they do not. They assume the great "might" of the Fed is enough to intimidate all into submission. The mantra of dictatorships the world over right up until they end up on the Saddam end of things.
I'm more of a fan of the Ceaușescu model myself. DIY rather than having someone from outside come in to clean house.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Precision

Post by Precision »

Something I came across today, but can't find the link

ATF is giving 120 days for compliance. Form 1 back log is 6-8 months BEFORE the "millions" of brace owners apply.
ATF is deeming all people who have applied and not been denied are deemed to be in (grace) compliance after the 120 days until resolution or denial...
BUT all investigations that remain open for more than 88 days are AUTOMATICALLY denied.
A GOA attorney brought this to ATF attention and asked, then what.
The response, we initiate enforcement actions.

so to be clear. When your form hits their computer, your countdown initiates. Day one of the 88
they CANNOT process them all in 88 days, no way no how.
day 89 means an automatic denial
day 90 begins the ability to perform enforcement actions - read as the scheduling of a not so polite knock at the door, MR. FELON.
As part of the filing, you have sent them your ADDRESS, a picture of your felonious ownership of an SBR, your finger prints and a few other incriminating documents -- VOLUNTARILY (this is important) had the right, but not the ability to 5th amendment although here, no right according to ATF
Remember, the only legal way to do a form 1 is to get the stamp, THEN buy the parts, THEN assemble
you have bought, assembled and then applied for the stamp and were DENIED

Giant Felon trap for 20% of gun owners or should I say formerly able to own guns, now felons.