Honest to Buddha accidental discharge

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Cybrludite

Honest to Buddha accidental discharge

Post by Cybrludite »

About a month and a half ago, I had my Rock Island 1911 in .38 Super cerekoated. Finally found which box the magazines for it were in, so I loaded it. Immediate sudden loud noise! Luckily the only casualties are my floor lamp and a window. I will be Having Words with the guy who did the refinishing to find why the hammer is not engaging the sear.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
BobbyK

Re: Honest to Buddha accidental discharge

Post by BobbyK »

Fucking hell, dude. Glad to see you done have any extra holes
Precision

Post by Precision »

That is scary stuff.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Glad you are OK, and that the damage was not more serious.

I currently have a Glock slide with an 07 for optic milling. He also does Cerakote, but will only coat guns that he builds as part of initial build (no refinishing customer guns), because he doesn't want to become responsible for something he didn't build.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Verdict is the leaf spring was put in wrong. Fixed for free, and he asked me to bring him the bill for the window.

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Geeze. I will root around for the photo of the 20 gauge with the frozen pin that did for my wall and washing machine 15 years ago...
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
randy

Post by randy »

Combat Controller wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:34 am Geeze. I will root around for the photo of the 20 gauge with the frozen pin that did for my wall and washing machine 15 years ago...
Oh, I remember that
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

window.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Still no idea where the bullet went, despite having a courtyard & a house as a backstop. I can only assume deflected down & landed in the courtyard, as there's no damage to the porch bannister nor the house.

SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Thank goodness only the glass and lamp were damaged.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds