New long distance record

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
HTRN

New long distance record

Post by HTRN »

8 inch Bullseye.

24 second flight time.

4.4 mile distance.

Admittedly it took 69 shots before they hit the bullet..

https://ksltv.com/505832/world-record-f ... esday/amp/

https://allposttimes.com/world-record-f ... d-tuesday/
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Captain Wheelgun

Re: New long distance record

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

69 shots? Nice. (Y’all know somebody was gonna say it. I just got it out of the way. :lol: )
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

How people with metric shit tons of money chuck rocks.
g-man

Post by g-man »

“ Target at an angle for incoming bullet descending at 48 degrees.…”

They had forward observers to spot round impacting at a 48° angle. When do we call this artillery? Accurate artillery, but arty nonetheless.

Here’s a question: What is the world record for first-shot hits? The article talked about that not being a sport where you just go out and get 1st shot hits… so what if that was a requirement?
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

g-man wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:24 am Here’s a question: What is the world record for first-shot hits? The article talked about that not being a sport where you just go out and get 1st shot hits… so what if that was a requirement?
Well, I just checked, and the smallest 5 shot group for "Light gun" (17 lbs or less) was just over 5 inch's. Done with a 6 mm too.("6mm BR A")

"Heavy gun" (Unlimited weight) that group record drops the 4&3/8". Done with a 6mm Dasher.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt