define Truck Gun

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Precision

Re: define Truck Gun

Post by Precision »

BDK wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:30 pm NPR, all guns suck and hate you.

I’ve seen/broken everything. I may have a special talent that way. 😂
perhaps if you stop using the stocks to hack down medium sized trees. lol

All guns will break. Hi Points much more frequently than say Daniel Defense, but "one is none" ,is a rule for a reason.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

For me it is a bigger gun but also able to be bugged out with. Like a collapsed AR and a large XD .45 with ammo and a messenger bag. The glove box pistol is actually faster to access than the carry piece. Also something I would not miss too much if stolen.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Netpackrat wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:05 am I had to eventually come to the conclusion that mag/caliber sharing between your carbine and your pistol is stupid and counterproductive. You end up crippling the performance of your carbine, and for what? if you are carrying a long gun and pistol in a common caliber, and find yourself needing your pistol, things have gone pretty far south at that point... Your possible pistol ammo is most likely down to whatever rounds are left in the gun at the time you draw it. Even if you started out with a full load of mags common to both.

Absolutely, carry a spare mag or two for the pistol because two is one, etc. But the rest of your mag loadout should be rifle mags in an actual rifle caliber. If you are worried about your rifle breaking and leaving you with a bunch of now-useless ammo, don't buy crap equipment.

If you are going to carry something long, might as well have a proper hitting cartridge. I make exceptions for my pig guns because I need to punch through brush and have the best luck with .44 mag in a lever or .458 SOCOM out of an AR.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.