Really good price on Taurus G2C

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Termite

Really good price on Taurus G2C

Post by Termite »

Reeds Family outfitters has Taurus G2C 9mm pistols for $189 on Gunbroker, no CC fee, and shipping is $20. Last time I checked there were still 10 available.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/946211903

I got one for my SiL.

The good: Excellent price, decent trigger, two 12rd mags, decent 3-dot sights(windage adj). Small enough to conceal fairly easy, big enough to handle well. Grip has good grippyness, better than most Glocks, without cutting up your skin. I put over 100 rds of 115gr FMJ thru it, no FTF or stovepipes. Hickok 45 thinks they are "one of the best for the bucks". No, they aren't a Glock 43X, but they are half the price.

The Bad: Mags were stiff and hard to load after 7 rds, and I could not get more than 10 rds in them at first. I disassembled them, cleaned them thoroughly with Gun Scrubber, and wiped dry. Then spray-lubed them with dry silicon lube, and wiped down again with a microfibre cloth.
After that, I could get 12 rds in them, rd #12 was still hard on both mags, but I managed.

May get another one for myself as a "truck gun".
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."