Picked up one to give away.

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Candyman

Picked up one to give away.

Post by Candyman »

Today my oldest grandson turned 15. He started deer hunting with his other grandfather this year with a loner rifle and killed his first deer, a spike.
A45FB9B8-44BD-4C0A-9A3F-4775B630EFE7.jpeg
I’ve spent a good bit of time teaching him how to shoot, and he’s pretty good. So I figured it was time to get him a hunting rifle.
I went by the LGS that my buddy owns to see what they had. There was a like new Ruger American in 308 Win. on the rack for $400. The rifle was unfired and had never had a scope mounted on it.
My buddy let me have it for $320. I also picked up a Sig 3-9 scope while I was there.
61DD9659-72E5-407A-9616-B9C3F81F916F.jpeg

I’m waiting for my daughter to arrive with my grandson so that I can give him his first rifle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
randy

Re: Picked up one to give away.

Post by randy »

I Love This Post.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

randy wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:20 am I Love This Post.jpg
+1
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Huzzah!

took my first at age 14 with a 12 gauge and #4 buck at 37 paces. Wasn't a deer hunt day, was late buck season out duck hunting and always carried some buckshot and a tag "just in case". Big blacktail spike -- dressed out close to 100#
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

blackeagle603 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:20 pm Huzzah!

took my first at age 14 with a 12 gauge and #4 buck at 37 paces. Wasn't a deer hunt day, was late buck season out duck hunting and always carried some buckshot and a tag "just in case". Big blacktail spike -- dressed out close to 100#
Spikes can be on the small size around here. The one my grandson killed wasn’t very big. I pick on him about it. Last night when he came by, I gave him his new rifle. You should have seen the look on his face. I told him that he needs to kill a real deer on his next hunt, and not a chihuahua. My daughter laughed so hard and told that I was mean :lol:
My grandson told me that the next deer he kills will have antlers and that he will use his new rifle.
I’m going to take him shooting next week to sight in the rifle. Then I’m going to break out the training ammo that I have and let him have some fun.
I have over 15,000 rounds of plastic, German, training ammo.
511B2D86-6FB0-447E-B70E-7F1DCFF5637F.jpeg
4AA4E78E-0AB5-471B-8843-2DB4A3C819DF.jpeg
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Nice!
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.