Since the M17 is the new standard pistol...

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
randy

Re: Since the M17 is the new standard pistol...

Post by randy »

Captain Wheelgun wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:04 pm Welcome back, Candyman!
+1!!!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Captain Wheelgun wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:04 pm Welcome back, Candyman!
+1
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Welcome back CM. You still doing stock work? :D
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

blackeagle603 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:11 pm Wait, whut?!!! Candyman?

Just recently had a photo from ~15 years ago popup of your son holding my M-1 Carbine stock in a progress pic you had fwd'd.
Yep, I’m still alive.
I have a post in the Kitchen table section.
https://www.theguncounter.com/forum/vie ... 13&t=29741

How is that stock looking? It’s been a while.

I wasn’t a big fan of the striker fire Sig pistol. It seemed that they were selling them and having the buyers do all the testing and evaluation on them. When the 320 came out, I decided to wait and see how they did. And what do you know, they discovered the gun would fire when dropped.
After they fixed the problem, I bought the M17 model and like it. When the M18 came available, I bought one of those too.
Both guns are much better then the M9. But if surplus M9 do hit the market, and the prices are not crazy, I’ll pick one up for nostalgia.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Netpackrat wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:22 pm Welcome back CM. You still doing stock work? :D
Not as much these days. I’ve gotten into Woodturning and making bowls and cigar ashtrays now, but still playing with wood. :lol:
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Considering the frame on my M9 cracked during a small arms familiarization session at Cannon, I wasn't allowed to have anything more lethal than an M16A1 after that.

No, I don't know how or why it happened, but the angry red hat at my station was sure that it was my fault.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

I am pretty good with the M9. Won 2 gold and 1 silver medals with them when I was on a USMC shooting team. Even took the All-Navy championship twice.

If they are maintained correctly, they are accurate.

But I still do not like how they feel in my hand. Clunky and clumsy come to mind.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.