Anyone have thoughts on the new Hellion (VHS-2)

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
AndytheAxe

Anyone have thoughts on the new Hellion (VHS-2)

Post by AndytheAxe »

I just saw the Forgotten Weapons and am struck by an irrational case of the Wants. But am pretty unfamiliar with bullpups and leery of the "squishy trigger" as Ian called it. I'm a lefty but right-eyed.
"Of All the gin joints in All the Towns in All the World... she walks into mine" ~ Rick (Humphrey Bogart)
Netpackrat

Re: Anyone have thoughts on the new Hellion (VHS-2)

Post by Netpackrat »

My only thought on it is that Springfield Armory should eat a big bag of dicks.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

The only "new" pistol that seems interesting is the Alien.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I think it is a case of the also rans. The Tavor is made by folks who field it in battle so I would put a bit more trust in one of those if you want a bullpup.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Jered

Post by Jered »

If their QC is anything like the P-35 it should be a nope.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I still don't get the appeal of bullpups - they're invariably ugly as sin(the aug being a notable exception) have horrible ergos, move that muzzle closer to your face to ensure deafness, and the less said about the triggers the better.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:16 pm I still don't get the appeal of bullpups - they're invariably ugly as sin(the aug being a notable exception) have horrible ergos, move that muzzle closer to your face to ensure deafness, and the less said about the triggers the better.
But it takes up less space in a cramped APC.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr