Local SHTF Discussion

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Vonz90

Local SHTF Discussion

Post by Vonz90 »

We have not had one of these lately, so I figured I would start one.

So the BLM/Antifa/League-of-Women-Voters (whoever) in your area is rioting, burning cars/houses, looting, etc. Some of your neighbors show up at your door, the bad guys/gals are heading towards your neighborhood/area now and they are going to try to block them off. You don't know if they will be intimidated and leave or fight. You don't know how many their are, you expect about dozen neighbors to participate.

You have 10 minutes to grab gun and gear, what do you grab and why? Just stuff you have in the condition it is in right now.
Last edited by Vonz90 on Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scipioafricanus

Re: Local SHTF Discussion

Post by scipioafricanus »

Don't go because my county prosecutor is a Soros Stooge and will go after grouping together as "militia" while ANTIFA is let go.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

scipioafricanus wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:24 pm Don't go because my county prosecutor is a Soros Stooge and will go after grouping together as "militia" while ANTIFA is let go.
For the purposes of this scenario, the assumption is that it is likely one's house is looted and burned without action.

AKA it is a gun discussion...
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Vonz90 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:05 pm We have not had one of these lately, so I figured I would start one.

So the BLM/Antifa/League-of-Women-Voters (whoever) in your area is rioting, burning cars/houses, looting, etc. Some of your neighbors show up at your door, the bad guys/gals are heading towards your neighborhood/area now and they are going to try to block them off.
There haven't been any large scale disturbances south of the "Mason Dixon line" and they'd be crazy to do so - this is where most of the rank and file NYPD live.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I expect for a riot I would be torn between grabbing the Saiga 12 SBS and the SBRed AK with the 1-4 LPVO on top. Or maybe the more "disposable" Win1300 Defender pump. All of them have a slightly different version of the same "rebar" stock, the better to club Jericho's ideological fellow travelers with. :lol:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

For me, it would be either the AR15 (16 inch midlength) or G3. Probably the G3 if day and the AR at night. The G3 is setup for longer range work with a 3x9 while I have a fixed 2.5 scout scope on the AR that is more short or mid range. This is a rural area so longer range is viable, but of course not at night. If my sob was coming along I would give him the AR unless he felt more comfortable with his Savage bolt 308 maybe.
Last edited by Vonz90 on Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Well, if it's not the mid-length 16" AR with a chrome-lined pencil barrel or its twin with an unlined heavy barrel, it's the rifle-length 20" AR.

My SKS has a certain panache to it, but I can't find any rifle grenades for it.

The suppressed 10" AR in .22LR and de-barked chihuahua are for later.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Vonz90 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:50 am For me, it would be either the AR15 (16 inch midlength) or G3. Probably the G3 if day and the AR at night. The G3 is setup for longer range work with a 3x9 while I have a fixed 2.5 scout scope on the AR that is more short than mid range. This is a rural area so longer range is viable, but of course not at night. If my sob was coming along I would give him the AR unless he felt more comfortable with his Savage bolt 308 maybe.
Nothing says "Ich bin keine nazi" like showing up bearing the arm of the Bundeswehr, but I have to assume the irony would be lost on our Antifa friends.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

SoupOrMan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:16 am Well, if it's not the mid-length 16" AR with a chrome-lined pencil barrel or its twin with an unlined heavy barrel, it's the rifle-length 20" AR.
Flitelite upper, with a custom lower with a saw box dovetail instead of a magwell, and a rare breed trigger. Poor man's SAW. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

That's not bad, but the ARs I have are the ones that I described.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds