Big bore AR.

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
HTRN

Re: Big bore AR.

Post by HTRN »

g-man wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:24 pm I like how light the keymod hand guard is, but agree that it's pretty much junk for attachments.
BCM MCMR. A 15" forend weighs just over 9 ounces.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Where did you find the barrel? I am looking for one as well as a .458 pistol barrel. I have the rifle, and its a fun thumper but I want a shorty!
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
g-man

Post by g-man »

ELGS here in central TX a couple weeks back…
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Combat Controller
Site Admin

g-man wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:30 am ELGS here in central TX a couple weeks back…
Funny found one at Davidson and ordered it. Now need a bolt and enlarged port. Might sell an AR upper and get the upper receiver and bolt then.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Combat Controller wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:13 amNow need a bolt and enlarged port.
Tromix has both.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
g-man

Post by g-man »

Bear Creek has the BCGs in stock, and on sale now for even less than I bought mine for.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Combat Controller
Site Admin

I have a 16" .458 but just found a 7 " barrel so I am building one as a pistol too!