Everything Old Is New Again, I guess

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
randy

Re: Everything Old Is New Again, I guess

Post by randy »

HTRN wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:29 am 700 bucks for a Turkish High power?

How much is a clean Browning branded going for that this is a viable price/quality point?
Haven't seen one on the shelves for a while, but the last ones I saw before FN quit production were up to $1-1.5K. One of the main reasons I switched to a Glock for EDC.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
randy

Post by randy »

Netpackrat wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:59 am You ham radio nuts need to keep that shit in your own thread. :lol:

Edit to add; or I will tell you all about the Chandler duplex boring head I bought off Ebay recently.
Yeah because Thread Hijacking would be totally unprecedented on this board.

And you know you're going to tell us about it sometime. And then HTRN is going to say blah blah blah... :mrgreen:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

HTRN wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:29 am 700 bucks for a Turkish High power?

How much is a clean Browning branded going for that this is a viable price/quality point?
According to their advertising it’s made in the USA.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

randy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:48 pmHaven't seen one on the shelves for a while, but the last ones I saw before FN quit production were up to $1-1.5K. One of the main reasons I switched to a Glock for EDC.
FN was making them for Browning? I was under the impression that Miroku was making them for Browning, like they do for their long arms.
randy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:49 pm And you know you're going to tell us about it sometime. And then HTRN is going to say blah blah blah... :mrgreen:
Personally, I like Wolhaupters.Theres versions where you can cut tapers with them :shock:

https://www.alliedmachine.com/Company/A ... upter.aspx
Captain Wheelgun wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:29 pm According to their advertising it’s made in the USA.
Riiiiggghhhtttt. The same company that was making their 1911 frames in Brazil(Imbel), yet their guns were marked "Made in USA"? :roll:

I guaranteed everything but final assembly is done overseas, probably Turkey, so they can say "made in USA"
:evil:
Last edited by HTRN on Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
randy

Post by randy »

HTRN wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:48 pm
randy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:48 pmHaven't seen one on the shelves for a while, but the last ones I saw before FN quit production were up to $1-1.5K. One of the main reasons I switched to a Glock for EDC.
FN was making them for Browning? I was under the impression that Miroku was making them for Browning, like they do for their long arms.
My understanding is that all Browning marked Hi Powers were produced by FN from the early days until production stopped in 2018.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

That's a great price IMHO. An actual Browning HP can't be had for less than $1K in CA for quite a while now. Even a rack grade FN or Argentine would likely go for nore than that MSRP.

Not that these are going to find their way onto the CA "Safe" roster.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

randy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:49 pmYeah because Thread Hijacking would be totally unprecedented on this board.
I think I jacked my own thread on the 10/22 thing. Oops! :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

randy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:08 pm
My understanding is that all Browning marked Hi Powers were produced by FN from the early days until production stopped in 2018.
Hunh.

You learn something new every day
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I am tempted... I want to compare it to mine.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

https://youtu.be/-1fNG57ZtFQ

Ouch. The Garand Thumb review is not pleasant. In summary: QC issues with the extractors, finish issues, the first review pistol was bad and the second review pistol was... less bad.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds