Everything Old Is New Again, I guess

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
SoupOrMan

Everything Old Is New Again, I guess

Post by SoupOrMan »

Springfield Armory is apparently releasing a Hi-Power clone.

MSRP is $699.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/sa-3 ... m-handgun/
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
randy

Re: Everything Old Is New Again, I guess

Post by randy »

Whelp, there goes the budget of what I was saving towards a new radio
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

Netpackrat wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:15 pm How quickly we forget.

https://www.gunssavelife.com/editorial- ... eazy-sell/
I didn't remember that. But I forget a lot of things
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

I don't care much for either of their products, but I thought they had backed out of that.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Vonz90 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:02 am

I don't care much for either of their products, but I thought they had backed out of that.
They definitely backpedaled and tried to distance themselves from it, but the "industry association" was effectively the lobbying arm of SA. Rock River OTOH seems to have been genuinely blindsided by what was being done in their name. IIRC the lobbyist in question insisted that he had been doing what he was hired to do.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

That is the downside to Springfield at the moment. I'd still like to get one but I have a more pressing need for a tuner and digital ham radio setup.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
randy

Post by randy »

SoupOrMan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:47 am I have a more pressing need for a tuner and digital ham radio setup.
For digital you already have everything you need, unless you need a computer:

Setting up an IC-7100 for FT-8
https://www.n4rfc.com/?p=1419

If it'll work with WSJT-X for FT-8 it will work with FLDIGI for other digital modes (including RTTY) and WinLink (HF and VHF/UHF)
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

You ham radio nuts need to keep that shit in your own thread. :lol:

Edit to add; or I will tell you all about the Chandler duplex boring head I bought off Ebay recently.

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

700 bucks for a Turkish High power?

How much is a clean Browning branded going for that this is a viable price/quality point?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt