Everything Old Is New Again, I guess

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
HTRN

Re: Everything Old Is New Again, I guess

Post by HTRN »

Yeah, about what I figured. I heard enough horror stories about Hiuglu shotguns that CZ was selling with their name on it to see where this was going. Turkish guns always seem to fall down on fitting and finish.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

SoupOrMan wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:20 pm https://youtu.be/-1fNG57ZtFQ

Ouch. The Garand Thumb review is not pleasant. In summary: QC issues with the extractors, finish issues, the first review pistol was bad and the second review pistol was... less bad.
Just watched that too; good review. He did mention the BH Spring people which had some really in depth videos on it before.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH-IpE ... RLw/videos
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Update: it's being reported in a thread on Arfcom, than FN is reintroducing the Hi Power.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/FN- ... 5-2522908/
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
evan price

Post by evan price »

Why are people suddenly climbing back into the single action double stack all steel band wagon?
I thought this was over at the turn of the century.
Next you're going to tell me revolvers are making a come back!

J/K, revolvers never left :)
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

LOL

My only problem with BHP"s is that there's only 2 of them in my safe.
Last edited by blackeagle603 on Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

evan price wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:22 am Why are people suddenly climbing back into the single action double stack all steel band wagon?
I thought this was over at the turn of the century.
Next you're going to tell me revolvers are making a come back!

J/K, revolvers never left :)
They are cool, revolvers are cool, polymer micro 9s are cool, 40 SW polymer semiautos are cool, pocket 380s are cool. They are all cool and good and my only complaint is I don't have as many as I want (need).
Jered

Post by Jered »

SoupOrMan wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:20 pm https://youtu.be/-1fNG57ZtFQ

Ouch. The Garand Thumb review is not pleasant. In summary: QC issues with the extractors, finish issues, the first review pistol was bad and the second review pistol was... less bad.
Yeah. The Garand Thumb review made me uninterested. If SA is sending guns out for review and they can't get them right...

Full disclosure: I have an Israeli marked FN.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

FN has jumped back in again!
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

The funny thing is, everybody and his brother who's reintroducing a GP-35, is doing things like cerakote finishes, or optics cuts or rails, or some combination of the three.

And everybody is overlooking what's really driving consumer demand - nostalgia. All this reintroduction is going to do, is drive the price of original run Hipowers even higher, because when you're choice is a shitty Turkish clone or a spray painted tactical special, suddenly spending a bit more for a proper blued and walnut grip Browning Hipowers doesn't seem so bad.

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop