Sorta BM 59 conversion

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
HTRN

Re: Sorta BM 59 conversion

Post by HTRN »

Combat Controller wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:19 am Any suggestions on wood polishing etc? I want this one to shine and also a few others like my wooden stocked Socom M1a.....
Toilet bowl ring, then rub in with a clean rag.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Precision

Post by Precision »

HTRN wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:12 pm
Combat Controller wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:19 am Any suggestions on wood polishing etc? I want this one to shine and also a few others like my wooden stocked Socom M1a.....
Toilet bowl ring, then rub in with a clean rag.
That is beeswax and should work well. I don't rub, I use a car buffer with the sheepskin cloth. makes for a very good shine. Bremel with similar pad for the areas that cant reach.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Precision wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:04 pm That is beeswax
Maybe 30 years ago, but today, almost all of them are some flavor of petroleum based wax.

I picked up that kink from Mark Novak on YouTube, who is criminally underfollowed.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

The algorithm does not approve of channels like his.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Netpackrat wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:45 am The algorithm does not approve of channels like his.
Oh G*d no. He shows repairing of firearms.

If I had the hard drive space, I'd download all the anvil episodes, as him getting banned is a question of "when", not "if".

Precision

Post by Precision »

HTRN wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:53 pm
Precision wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:04 pm That is beeswax
Maybe 30 years ago, but today, almost all of them are some flavor of petroleum based wax.

I picked up that kink from Mark Novak on YouTube, who is criminally underfollowed.
The one that came with my new toilet is (or at least claims to be) beeswax. Good to know that it normally isn't anymore. I tossed it aside and went with a silicone one.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I actually have some beeswax around here. I'll buff some in! Thanks
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.