Another reporter fired rifle first time & wets his pants

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
HTRN

Re: Another reporter fired rifle first time & wets his pants

Post by HTRN »

BDK wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:00 am How do we slip these guys a 600OK or 505 Gibbs instead?
A Barrett M82 with an 18" cqc barrel. :ugeek:

Not sure if it's worth the guaranteed permanent hearing loss though :shock:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

What's a little hearing loss between enemies?
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
g-man

Post by g-man »

One could of course just double up their earpro, unbeknownst to the journoweasel… Just sayin.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

I always double up my ear pro.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
g-man

Post by g-man »

Not always when outdoors, but I’ve taken to doing that on indoor ranges. Not like the .gov is going to pull its head out about gun mufflers any time in the near future.

ETA: Also, I don’t have the extra $$$ laying around for the requisite parts and associated (unconstititional) tax stamp…
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Precision

Post by Precision »

Vonz90 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:35 pm
g-man wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:39 am Yeah, with brakes they could be louder, but it's still not full battle-rifle loud. The pics in the article show the author shooting a H&K with a milspec birdcage. Also, you either have 'stupid loud AR' and no real recoil, or vice versa, not both. He's a self-avowed 'Not a gun guy' who puts his politics on display before the end of the 2nd paragraph. Meh.
+1

The should have set up a 12 year old girl in the next lane shooting the same set up for comparison.
I have had a 5 or 6 year old (maybe 45# girl) shoot my AR's. She was not strong enough or long enough arms to keep the barrel up, so we gave her a front rest. She went thru a mag with a toothy grin.
Candy ass 'reporter'.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Precision

Post by Precision »

MiddleAgedKen wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:38 am I always double up my ear pro.
I triple up with centerfire rifle. 32 db plugs, 24 - 30 db muffs and the muffs are noise canceling above 85 db with a volume control for ambient and conversations.

I have three pairs of such muffs currently and EVERYONE fights for them when we have a group shoot.

In some research I did, the plugs are very important when shooting rifle. It seams the physical filling of the ear helps to reduce the effect of the stock transmitting sound via contact transmission. Not sure where I read that, but makes some kind of sense to me.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Yeah, muffs give the bone conduction path added protection over just the plugs.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

blackeagle603 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:44 pm Yeah, muffs give the bone conduction path added protection over just the plugs.
Bone conduction is why those bullpup bolt action 50bmgs are a really bad idea. No matter what you do, it's gonna damage your hearing.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt