It only took 14 months!

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
SoupOrMan

Re: It only took 14 months!

Post by SoupOrMan »

And the CCL showed up in the mail today. The start date on the card was backdated to 6/2/20, so I basically was denied 15 months of easily-verifiable acknowledgment of the right to carry.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

And how long is it good for?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Five years, so it expires in 2025.

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

So, you lost 25% of it's life to state government fuckery?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

HTRN wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:23 pm So, you lost 25% of it's life to state government fuckery?
And for only 100% of its ridiculously high cost to obtain.

I thought they drug their feet when I got mine. :mad:
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

My CCL renewal has been pending for 6 months; FOID expires next year and I doubt we'll be moved out by that date.

There are I think two lawsuits against ISP over the incredible and pretty sure technically illegal delays.
Precision

Post by Precision »

Rich Jordan wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:37 am My CCL renewal has been pending for 6 months; FOID expires next year and I doubt we'll be moved out by that date.

There are I think two lawsuits against ISP over the incredible and pretty sure technically illegal delays.
open a go fund me. I'd throw a couple of bucks at that just on principle. And a smidge of animosity.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Rich Jordan wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:37 am My CCL renewal has been pending for 6 months; FOID expires next year and I doubt we'll be moved out by that date.

ISRA has been doing that for a while, but it keeps getting postponed because of "COVID."
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

All I can say is that if you know someone who knows someone at the ISP, use them to get your renewal looked at. This is unfortunately/disgustingly the way things go in all of Illinois now.