BIT Electronic Ignition, as primers hit 89¢ each...

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Vonz90

Re: BIT Electronic Ignition, as primers hit 89¢ each...

Post by Vonz90 »

Combat Controller wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:04 pm Wow, I have 50,000 primers. Are they worth close to 50k?
I am seeing about $150-200 per k on gunbroker, depending on the particulars.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

That's tempting. I don't have nearly as many as CC, but the question is do I have more than I need until supplies/prices return to some semblance of normalcy?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Vonz90 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:14 am
Combat Controller wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:04 pm Wow, I have 50,000 primers. Are they worth close to 50k?
I am seeing about $150-200 per k on gunbroker, depending on the particulars.
Geebus. I have all this cowboy ammo (loaded) and lots of primers. I was already getting a table at a gun show to sell some random stuff, I should bring a few sounds like.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Precision

Post by Precision »

possibly. I know a friend of mine recently paid $72 plus shipping for 300 pistol primers on gunbroker.
eta
he told me it was 200 primers and that was 2 months ago
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Vonz90 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:14 am I am seeing about $150-200 per k on gunbroker, depending on the particulars.
Remember when they were that much per sleeve? :cry:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

HTRN wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:52 am
Vonz90 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:14 am I am seeing about $150-200 per k on gunbroker, depending on the particulars.
Remember when they were that much per sleeve? :cry:
Hell, I remember paying $68 for flats.

This bullshit now is nothing more than criminal. :x
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

TnT still has fed primers listed for between $165 ish to $220ish in sleeve quantities...

Which isn't that bad - the last time I bought primers a decade ago, I think I paid $120ish for fed 210m,

Now, wether those primers actually exist, and wether that's the correct price, is another story...
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:10 am TnT still has fed primers listed for between $165 ish to $220ish in sleeve quantities...

Which isn't that bad - the last time I bought primers a decade ago, I think I paid $120ish for fed 210m,

Now, wether those primers actually exist, and wether that's the correct price, is another story...
I am not familiar with TnT. Info?
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

They're one of the biggest powder and primer sellers east of the Mississippi - they're west coast equivalent is powder valley. They go to the PA gunshots, usually with a huge display.

They have a store in Easton Pa, that is only open a couple days a week, with limited hours, BUT they stock everything in terms of powder and primers, including the big jugs of powder, and are cheaper than a anybody else for that market segment.

http://www.tntreloading.com/

Main St
https://maps.app.goo.gl/NgNjimoNStoeFKXE7