I suck and they hate me..

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Vonz90

I suck and they hate me..

Post by Vonz90 »

But I bought one anyway - picked up a P30 in 40 S&W that I found. Police trade in it seems (not sure but armory markings on the case so likely). Looks new so pretty happy so far but have not shot it yet. Assuming it shoots well/reliably it will replace the P99 as my bedside piece.

Anyway, happy birthday to me. :D
randy

Re: I suck and they hate me..

Post by randy »

Well Wear!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

>.40S&W
>Year of Our Lord 2021
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Jericho941 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:15 am >.40S&W
>Year of Our Lord 2021
Meh.

I like 40 more than 9 - at least as personal defense weapon for myself. If I was picking the caliber for a police agency or military unit maybe something else, but I am not.
Precision

Post by Precision »

Vonz90 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:31 pm
Jericho941 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:15 am >.40S&W
>Year of Our Lord 2021
Meh.

I like 40 more than 9 - at least as personal defense weapon for myself. If I was picking the caliber for a police agency or military unit maybe something else, but I am not.
If you like it and it works for you... And that one girl on the right is intrigued by your choice
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
g-man

Post by g-man »

Wife’s XdM is in .40. She likes the way it shoots, and if mama’s happy, I’m happy. And an ammo can full of the stuff tucked in the safe means I have one more option to stay proficient until I can source bulk anything again.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Thought this was going to be a HK thread.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
randy

Post by randy »

Thread Drift? On this forum?
Shocked.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

We have not had the 380, 9mm, 40 SW, 45 ACP argument in a while (with 357 Sig and 10mm lurking in the background). So why not now.

In a way, my pistol choices reflect me, a German transplant (HK and Walther) with a US made inner workings (40 SW) that combines into a whole that does not fit in anywhere all that much.

My choice however is based on a practical consideration. The median personal defense case with shots fired is 2 rounds (this is personal defense, not police). Therefore, rather than maximize rounds carried, I want the maximum round size that does not compromise concealabilty and for me that is 40. 45 is tempting but that moves into a larger pistol size.

I still want a 380 for times when I need something smaller, but I have not been able to narrow that down to one yet.
Jered

Post by Jered »

I rather like my USP in .45 ACP.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.