Kalashnikov unveils "NATO friendly" rifle

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
randy

Kalashnikov unveils "NATO friendly" rifle

Post by randy »

Why would Russia’s Kalashnikov make a NATO-friendly assault rifle?
Firearms manufacturer Kalashnikov is exhibiting its new AK-19 rifle for the first time outside of Russia during an arms trade show in the United Arab Emirates.

The assault rifle meets NATO’s caliber standards: It is chambered for 5.56 x 45mm rounds, and it has a Picatinny rail, a new collapsible folding stock to adjust length, improved aperture sight and a quick-detachable suppressor.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Weetabix

Re: Kalashnikov unveils "NATO friendly" rifle

Post by Weetabix »

Looks like they're marketing it in the middle east? Maybe being able to carry more rounds is more in line with inshallah marksmanship?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Yeah, but the AK-74 already does that. This is more likely trying to market to countries that already bought guns in 5.56, and thus have stocks of ammo and probably STANAG mags, too.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

If Kalashnikov wants to sell to a country that expects to operate with NATO/NATO compatible, I suppose they would need something like this in their lineup. Seems like those customers have better options but I guess they know their customers.
BDK

Post by BDK »

If you had to deal with an uneducated conscript army, which would you prefer to give them?

One Ammo source, and let your pros have ARs and give the conscripts AKs
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Shorter: Kalashnikov Invents the Galil. All are amazed.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

SoupOrMan wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:09 am Shorter: Kalashnikov Invents the Galil. All are amazed.
Hahaha
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.