B&T bringing back another version of the Welrod

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
HTRN

B&T bringing back another version of the Welrod

Post by HTRN »

And this time it will take 1911 mags and will be available in both 9mm and 45acp.

https://youtu.be/o9Z1yLhHaw8

Msrp will reportedly be around 2k.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Re: B&T bringing back another version of the Welrod

Post by Greg »

Why?
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Greg wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:43 pmWhy?
Demand.

The original vp9 sold out in a couple of months, and B&T realized there was a decent market for them, with effectively no competition. The new ones are going to be made in the US.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:00 pm
Greg wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:43 pmWhy?
Demand.

The original vp9 sold out in a couple of months, and B&T realized there was a decent market for them, with effectively no competition. The new ones are going to be made in the US.
Weird. It's not an accurate repro, but you'd think they could do it better cheaper with modern techniques. Oh well I will never understand why people buy shit.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Greg wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:37 pm Weird. It's not an accurate repro, but you'd think they could do it better cheaper with modern techniques. Oh well I will never understand why people buy shit.
It's not a reproduction. It's just the same concept. It sells because it's interesting and has exactly zero competition.

The one place I saw them listed for sale online, is already sold out

BDK

Post by BDK »

Given the price, you think something more interesting could be done.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

BDK wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:06 am Given the price, you think something more interesting could be done.
It come with two suppressors, and is a low production item. Frankly, I'm surprised it isn't priced higher.

Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Huh
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.