Looking for a stock for a Winchester Model 50.

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Cybrludite

Looking for a stock for a Winchester Model 50.

Post by Cybrludite »

Yesterday one of my cousins got one of her great grandfather's shotguns for Christmas. Said gun is a Winchester Model 50 in what I presume to be 20 gauge. Said cousin is 10, so there's some serious length of pull issues involved. Struck out on Brownell's & Midway. Anyone know where I might be able to find a stock to modify to a youth length for her?
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
John_in_Longview

Re: Looking for a stock for a Winchester Model 50.

Post by John_in_Longview »

I have purchased from Numrich in the past and was pleased with their service and parts. Here is a link to the Model 50 page on their site.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

+1 for Numrich.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

John_in_Longview wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:52 am I have purchased from Numrich in the past and was pleased with their service and parts. Here is a link to the Model 50 page on their site.
I miss their showroom and service counter - they had all kinds of neat stuff for sale in decent shape. I still regret not buying one of the 8x56r Steyr M95 carbines for $80 bucks they had in the racks.

And oh, Boyd's has buttstocks for the Winchester 50, but listed for 12 gauge. I don't know if it will fit the 20 gauge..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Thanks! Forwarded the link to her folks. Hopefully they aren't intimidated by a little woodworking.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.