Can cannon

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: Can cannon

Post by Combat Controller »

Mine took a while. My Havoc launcher has been over a month and a half and Spikes is just down the road from me.....
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

Mine showed up today. Appears to be a quality product. Not sure when I'll get a chance to try it out.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Did you get the golf ball insert?
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

Of course. ;)

The cans fit the can barrel, golf balls fit the golf ball barrel.

Both fit pretty fit tight, so I didn't load them to the stop, but I'm pretty sure they'll load as required.

Popped for a some Lake City M200 blanks. Bought a bag of "recycled" golf balls.

Cheap sodas and duct tape (to reinforce the bottoms of the cheap soda cans) are widely available.

Now I need the friend with the land to declare a range day. :D ....unless the atf decides to P80 me first. :x
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Seen folks on another board 3D printing projectiles for these cannons.

Mine came last week but I was out of town so just got to open it today. If that golf ball attachment was a little shorter (just enough past the cannon barrel to allow install/remove) then a custom projectile that fit around the golf ball tube but had a close fitting rod extending into it might be more efficient; less room for the gas to expand into as it pushed the projectile out than the full size tube with a solid large projectile. But what do I know about can cannons. Probably won't be able to fire it for quite a while.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Fired it on x-mas day, cans only. It does pay to reinforce the bottom of the can for accuracy and less occasional spray. Fun so far, but looking forward to doing something more detailed later.
Termite

Post by Termite »

Combat Controller wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:57 pmI bought both as a less lethal option for election shenanigan dumbasses and general mayhem at the ranch.
What's wrong with rubber buckshot and rubber slugs?
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Termite wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:33 pm
Combat Controller wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:57 pmI bought both as a less lethal option for election shenanigan dumbasses and general mayhem at the ranch.
What's wrong with rubber buckshot and rubber slugs?
Nothing but I gotta enjoy myself too.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

What happens if you put cans of Dinty Moore or Campbell's Soup in it?
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

What kind of ranges have you gotten with soda cans so far?
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds