woohoo, spent some money today

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Johnnyreb

woohoo, spent some money today

Post by Johnnyreb »

I went to my favorite gun shop to put in for some guns, been putting it off for a while and probably can't get them, but we'll see. I'm after a Mossberg shotgun, the Retrograde 590, (so I will finally, actually have more than just the one shotgun), a Ruger PC carbine to go with the glock I already have. And a pair of Cimmaron open top revolvers, hopefully with consecutive serial numbers. I'm not sure if they are gettable right now, but I hope so. Should have done it back in march.

Why 2? It will make me feel better. (Guess the movie.)

But all is not lost since the guys had some things to entice me with already there! I made it out the door with a Norinco SKS, beautiful barrel and a metal 20 round magazine with a chinese star on it. The paratrooper carbine SKS. Good price too.

And, at long last I have something that shoots .45 ACP! A 1911 made by the Turks. Just the thing to get started on .45s with. I've got a few mags on the way as of five minutes ago and I even lucked out and my favorite ammo site has .45 for sale, got 2 boxes, 200 rounds of 230 grain FMJ, also on the way. (SGammo, limit of 2 if you're looking.)

Though I could swear I've got a few hundred rounds of that already, somewhere in this house, bought back when Obama's first ammo panic set in. If I can find it, I'll be at the range trying it out tomorrow or Sunday.
randy

Re: woohoo, spent some money today

Post by randy »

Cool!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Damn, I would just be happy with the .45 ammo...
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
evan price

Post by evan price »

Not a Sarsilmaz 1911 is it?
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

It's a Tisas, through SDS Imports.