Get Affordable Bulk Ammo

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
TheArmsman

Re: Get Affordable Bulk Ammo

Post by TheArmsman »

Weetabix wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:16 pm
Jered wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:45 am
scipioafricanus wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:52 pm Look at SG Ammo lack of listings every other day is saddening.
The complete lack of bulk 9mm ammo makes my gun sad.
And the prices for what is available.

I keep seeing ammo listed on Armslist. Don't know if they're getting those prices, but if so, I'm sitting on a gold mine.
And a lot of those place won't ship. Local buy only.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Some folks on another board I'm on are selling locally via Armslist. They've reported people driving 4-5 hours in some cases to pick up 500 rounds of 9mm or 5.56 at substantial prices (but a little cheaper than most online and a lot cheaper than those assholes at cheaper than dirt). They bought cheap and stacked deep the last few years and now are getting NOD and thermal money by selling part of their stash.

I don't have nearly the ammo fort that most do but I have to admit its tempting to let the 7n6 go for almost 3x what I paid. Hell the steel case 5.56 is going for 2x last year's price...
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Some folks on another board I'm on are selling locally via Armslist. They've reported people driving 4-5 hours in some cases to pick up 500 rounds of 9mm or 5.56 at substantial prices (but a little cheaper than most online and a lot cheaper than those assholes at cheaper than dirt). They bought cheap and stacked deep the last few years and now are getting NOD and thermal money by selling part of their stash.

I don't have nearly the ammo fort that most do but I have to admit its tempting to let the 7n6 go for almost 3x what I paid. Hell the steel case 5.56 is going for 2x last year's price...
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Seeing $600+ for 1000 rounds of 223 is just wrong.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

This is why you buy primers and powder by the lb in the quiet years between the likes of Obama and Covid
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

blackeagle603 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:21 am This is why you buy bang buttons and powder by the lb in the quiet years between the likes of Obama and Covid
That's exactly what I did... I got 99 problems but lack of ammo ain't one. :lol:

I did finally break down and buy a 9mm 120 grain mold so I can cast my own if need be... I made up a batch the other night, and once I have some tested loads worked up for them, hopefully I won't have much reason to use that mold in the future. :roll:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
AlaskaTRX

Post by AlaskaTRX »

blackeagle603 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:21 am This is why you buy bang buttons and powder by the lb in the quiet years between the likes of Obama and Covid
I had been ordering bulk ammo over the last three years (until COVID hit) to send to the in-laws to pick up when we visit and the wife was like “why do you need more, you already have so much?!”. Now I take pictures of the bare shelves of Cabelas and the local small shops and say “here you go”...
Termite

Post by Termite »

When Midway does get FMJ ammo in, they sell at semi-reasonable prices, usually with quantity limits.

But CTD is pulling the same shit they did years ago with magazines. CTD can FOAD, IMHO.

And you can partially blame the "Fudds" for driving up prices. They don't really know what FMJ bulk ammo should cost, they're in a tizzy "because Antifa", and they have plenty of money.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Termite wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:18 am And you can partially blame the "Fudds" for driving up prices. They don't really know what FMJ bulk ammo should cost, they're in a tizzy "because Antifa", and they have plenty of money.
Not knowing, and/or not caring, and just knowing that they need some.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Netpackrat wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:30 am
Termite wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:18 am And you can partially blame the "Fudds" for driving up prices. They don't really know what FMJ bulk ammo should cost, they're in a tizzy "because Antifa", and they have plenty of money.
Not knowing, and/or not caring, and just knowing that they need some.
So people have money to spend on something and buy it. Am I supposed to be upset about this?