Get Affordable Bulk Ammo

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Vonz90

Re: Get Affordable Bulk Ammo

Post by Vonz90 »

randy wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:53 pm
Vonz90 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:20 pm
BTW - I have a hard piped NG generator and it is the way to go. Current one is emergency loads only (lights, well, furnace) but we are thinking of getting a whole house generator later. (Not now, all extra cash going towards building the wife's business.)
Yeah, I had CINCHOUSE convinced to spend the money to do that a few years ago, got as far as scheduling the install and they called the Gas company to notify them.

Turns out the gas lines in this 1950's neighborhood don't have enough pressure to run a generator and the furnace, which kind of defeated the purpose for winter time. I wanted to just go ahead but was overruled by CINCHOUSE.

I looked into using propane to fuel it, but as it would use so little in a year the local Propane companies would only do it if I bought the supply tank, which combined with the first fill, would have doubled the price.

The Gas company did offer to upgrade the gas service to my neighborhood, if I paid for it...
Propane dealers are, in aggregate, a bunch of idiots. The wife and I wanted to add propane to a our last (wanted house gas range and generator) and the companies we talked to acted like they were doing a favor to even talk to us. They did not run the piping inside the house, which is fine but at least you would think could recommend a contractor or something or at least give a quote for the parts they the did do - nope. We ended up dropping the idea just because they were so hard to deal with.
Termite

Post by Termite »

Only on this forum could folks go from talking about bulk ammo, to Fudds, to generators, to storing fuel, to rigging up older houses for propane.

I love this bar........... :lol:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

randy wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:53 pmTurns out the gas lines in this 1950's neighborhood don't have enough pressure to run a generator and the furnace, which kind of defeated the purpose for winter time. I wanted to just go ahead but was overruled by CINCHOUSE.
Err what? Are you sure you don't have a bad regulator? When the Utility decided I needed a new emergency shutoff valve at the start of the year, they ran a tiny little line in through the old pipe, as the gas mains are at 80 psi, before they hit the regulator in the house, which drops it down to 7 inch's water column, or about 1/4 psi...
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
randy

Post by randy »

I don't remember the actual numbers, but it was the pressure in the mains in the older neighborhoods. Apparently they had run into this before in our general area. If I lived in a newer neighborhood there would have been no problem.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Termite wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:12 pm Only on this forum could folks go from talking about bulk ammo, to Fudds, to generators, to storing fuel, to rigging up older houses for propane.

I love this bar........... :lol:
I was thinking the same thing! It turned into a very useful thread. :D
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy