Thinking about a 7.62x51 semi-auto rifle

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: Thinking about a 7.62x51 semi-auto rifle

Post by Combat Controller »

Any updates?
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Combat Controller wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:35 pm Any updates?
I put mine together over the summer and test fired it; was reasonably happy with the groups but I didn't do much else with it that day since my focus was on chrono testing my 300 BLK and .45 Colt sub loads. I wasn't happy with the alignment of either of my cans on it so I am going to take the upper back apart, and have my gunsmith friend touch up the thread relief and shoulder. That seems to be the norm with Ballistic Advantage barrels.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
AlaskaTRX

Post by AlaskaTRX »

Netpackrat wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:47 pm
Combat Controller wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:35 pm Any updates?
Iwasn't happy with the alignment of either of my cans on it so I am going to take the upper back apart, and have my gunsmith friend touch up the thread relief and shoulder. That seems to be the norm with Ballistic Advantage barrels.
I didn’t know that was an issue with BA barrels... that’s somewhat concerning.
SaritaJWalker

Post by SaritaJWalker »

Bulk Cheap Ammo have in stock ammo deals: Link Removed

Advertising requires prior approval from a Mod or Admin, even for long time members.