GC fundraiser

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: GC fundraiser

Post by Combat Controller »

I can send you my address but I am uncomfortable posting it here on the site. We also got another $50!
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Can somebody clue me in on how to send some money that doesn't involve setting up a Paypal acct? I know you can use a regular credit card that is processed through Paypal(I do it all the time on Ebay), but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to do it through their website.

Otherwise, an address to send a check will work.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

HTRN wrote:Can somebody clue me in on how to send some money that doesn't involve setting up a Paypal acct? I know you can use a regular credit card that is processed through Paypal(I do it all the time on Ebay), but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to do it through their website.

Otherwise, an address to send a check will work.
If you want, send me the amount you're going to contribute (email), and I'll include it with my money order - and all you'll need to do is send me whatever you're going to contribute (I trust you) with my money order. That way, we only send him one money order to cover two donations.

Deal?

If anyone else wants to pile on (to this contribution), let me know (and I'll send you my snail-mail address for the check - and I too HATE PayPal). I trust you to be honest with me, but if you short or screw me (while I front the funds), I WILL hunt you down!!!

Mike
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Glenn Bartley

Post by Glenn Bartley »

I have not been on the site in too long. I understand you are collecting funds to become 503C (whatever that is) but am wondering why this is being done.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

All the best,
Glenn B
When I look in the mirror, I am happy to see, some of that nine year old boy, who used to be me.

http://ballseyesboomers.blogspot.com/
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Glenn Bartley wrote:I have not been on the site in too long. I understand you are collecting funds to become 503C (whatever that is) but am wondering why this is being done.

All the best,
Glenn B
Glenn, thank you very much for the reminder, since I need to get a Money Order off to CC ASAP (but I've been remiss since my wife has been ill), but it reminded me of something I needed to do!!! And for THAT, I THANK you (for reminding me)!!! :D
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Glenn Bartley wrote:I have not been on the site in too long. I understand you are collecting funds to become 503C (whatever that is) but am wondering why this is being done.

All the best,
Glenn B
I plan on turning it into a non profit for the benefit of all the members. That way we are open and transparent and the Chris incident will not be repeated. Also, if any of the founders leave the site is not subject to the whims of anyone else as happened to Kim's site several times.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Glenn Bartley

Post by Glenn Bartley »

Donation made. Good luck with the site.

All the best,
GB
When I look in the mirror, I am happy to see, some of that nine year old boy, who used to be me.

http://ballseyesboomers.blogspot.com/
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Glenn Bartley wrote:Donation made. Good luck with the site.

All the best,
GB
Thanks Glenn! Just saw it!

We are close enough to start the ball, I will update y'all when the first bit is done.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

308Mike wrote:

All the best,
Glenn B
Glenn, thank you very much for the reminder, since I need to get a Money Order off to CC ASAP (but I've been remiss since my wife has been ill), but it reminded me of something I needed to do!!! And for THAT, I THANK you (for reminding me)!!! :D
Mike, if it isn't too late I would like to donate $25. You can send me your snail mail on Facebook or Gmail.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Ok, instead of a Non Profit which would require any board member to not remain anon the lawyer suggests a Trust. So it looks like we will set up a trust and before the trigger is pulled I will post the regulations that govern it for y'all to review. Then its the GC Trust that will own the domains and the site. It will also pick up the tabs for both. It will cost a bit every year to maintain so we need to either

1. Accept Ads. ( I would not prefer)
2. Raise funds the old fashioned way. I am still working on operating costs yearly for the trust.

Thoughts?